Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think this needs to go under the rescue section, since I'm the only one I know from Alberta here, but I just wanted to vent. Some people really p*** me off. Look at the reason why this little guy was surrendered.

Trucker
Dog
Chihuahua,Miniature Pinscher Mix

Size: Small
Sex: Male
I.D: Pound

Notes: Trucker is 3 and is a well mannered boy, he feels threatened by small kids. He was surrendered because he was aggressive with the new puppy, however her gets along well with the other small dogs in the shelter and even will go for walks with the Rottie, altho he does feel abit threatened and will bite him if he gets to close. . He is on special diet food until he loses some weight. chip 131666452A DOB May 28 2002

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, already house trained, altered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How rude is that????I can't seem to post a pic, but he's cute!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
OMG, thats so dumb..."okay, lets keep the new puppy and get rid of the dog we've had for years" yea, real smart. i dont even believe that dog got agressive with the new puppy, i just think the owners didn't want him anymore.

my moms friend did the same thing. she had an 8 month old lab, got a new kitten, the lab played a little to rough with the kitten, (the dumb lady should have been watching a dog that size around a kitten anyways) so the lady just dropped the lab off somewhere in the country! i was sooooooooo mad :evil: i told her friend off for it, and said she should've given the dog to me, i was only 15 at the time, but my dad would have been happy to foster the dog until we found him a home.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Apparently they did not know about the pecking order in dogs. IF trucker is the alpha OF COURSE he is going to be aggressive until the pecking order is established :?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thats just horrible, I have 2 other dogs besides Felony and I could never give them up for anything, sure there going to be a little aggressive toward each other in the beginning, but you should know what your getting into before you get that new puppy.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
This person is just an idiot. Anyone knows it takes TIME for a dog to get use to a new one...and I would LOVE to know what kind of aggression we are talking about...a lot of that dominance stuff is show and looks/sounds worse then it really is. God I know Kylie and Tequila are horrible with new dogs, but its all show...they never bite, just a lot of tackling and growling...a lot of stand-offs too.
*shake head* I really think you need to pass some sort of IQ test before being allowed to own an animal.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have come to find many people are not honest when surrendering or selling or adopting out there for when a dog is placed the people have no clue as to what they are getting themselves into. I for one would never give a dog up unless i let the new owners know every fault there is I would want to be sure the new family would be able to cope with and have a plan to do what is needed to correct the faults or behavior. never go by what is written on paper about a pet nor what is said you wont know anything unless you have the pet in your home. Someone could take my dogs and say they were abused because when you lift a hand they flinch or cour down. I have never once hit my animals. in any way or fashion

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets OR children......
My friends always said you should have to take some sort of test to get an animal, and only after you have shown u can care for an animal should u be allowed to have kids :wink: I mean if you cannot take care of a dog, how on earth can u raise a kid :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts