Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother is divorced and it's been a nasty one, with a child. The ex is a big fat PITA in EVERY way imaginable, they were married a little over a year, but she was VERY controlling (took his cell phone, credit cards etc away from him) and they lived with her parents. Anyways today was the 1st holiday she has actually let him see Jon, and their normal 'arrangement' is she drives him down and Jon drives him home at the end of his visit (it's about 1 hour 20 minutes each way). Well anyways she refused to bring him down stating her car slid off the road in the canyon, so my parents/brother went and got him (amazing the roads were DRY), and then brought him down to thanksgiving. So they took him home, now she's claiming he has a bruise and he threw up and they didn't clean him up before giving him back...um hello there are over 30 people that were there and saw my brother with his son, NOTHING happened, and he didn't throw up (that's one of her lame excuses that he gets carsick everytime she brings him down to see my brother)....interestingly enough he's only gotten car sick once or twice for my brother/parents. So she's starting CRAP again, they have court in 2 weeks to adjust the visitation as the child is 3 years old and they still don't have the state minimums because she is such a pill. Her new husband threatens my brother/dad ALL The time, and is VERY scary.

Does anyone know how long a bruise would take to show up? My brother only had his son from about 1pm-7pm. And he was running around playing with several 2nd cousins, so could have bonked himself (as children do) sometime while running around, but I don't think a bruise would show up that quickly, I dunno, I just feel for the child. Oh also he has a Lazy eye his mom isn't doing a dang thing about. Which is going to come up in court.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I don't have kids so I don't know if this is accurate but I think everyone is different in the way they bruise usually it would show up the next day but there are some fair skinned people that can bruise instantly I have a red head friend who is VERY pale and if you even pinch her a bruise forms right away.

You can use that as an argument though that he was playing with several kids. Kids GET bruises! Sucks that ex's get bitter she should be glad her kid has a father that wants to be in his kids life as it seems that is rare now a days. My own dad included!

It is going to be a lengthy battle unfortunately but the courts will make the right decision hopefully.

My mom had to battle my dad all the way until I was 22 years old! Then I finally decided he wasn't worth my time or emotions. If his mom is going to continue on like this her son will end up resenting her when he is old enough to understand.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just me personally i've noticed bruises as soon as the next morning, but it also has to do with my iron level, that being said those are usually bruises I know are coming e.g. smashing my shin into the coffee table etc.

edit: and also I think it depends on the place of the bruise. If they have a bruise in some place common (see above and my shin smashing) it's obviously to state it could have happened to anyone and they'll take that into consideration too.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have 2 kids, and My son is pretty rough, he always has bruises! If he falls off his scooter, or trampoline, or if my kids are fighting (which seems all the time these days) he will bruise straight away! If he was playing with his cousins. lets face it kids will be kids. Bruise's happen especially when you have a bunch playing together :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah, funny enough when my brother asked her about a bruise on him a while back her response was "Kids will be kids, they get bruises" yet she notices one on him after my brothers visitation and freaks. She is such a B$^%$ They are going back to court next week, and she ALWAYS starts crap like this around court time. I feel so bad for my brother, he's really trying to be a good dad, and she's fighting him every step of the way. His divorce attorney said his is one of the WORST divorces she's ever handled, and they didn't have hardly any property, his ex is just a big PITA.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I personally think the judge will laugh at the bruise claim (unless its obviously questionable). Kids that age bruise ALL the time. Geesh! My kids had bruises often from the time they could walk to just recently (they are 10 & almost 13).

Anyway, it sounds like a hard situation for your brother. Hopefully things work out ok....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Just tell him to keep his chin up. If it's obvious it's a bruise from playing they aren't going to say anything.

It's always so much worse when children are involved, especially in this case where your brother is trying to be the parent, and she's just concerned with using the child to get at him. And for the lazy eye that's a problem and if she has custody and isn't treating it that's good for your brother, unfortunate for the child of course, but you understand.

It's unfair, it really is :(

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just tell him to keep his chin up. If it's obvious it's a bruise from playing they aren't going to say anything.

It's always so much worse when children are involved, especially in this case where your brother is trying to be the parent, and she's just concerned with using the child to get at him. And for the lazy eye that's a problem and if she has custody and isn't treating it that's good for your brother, unfortunate for the child of course, but you understand.

It's unfair, it really is :(
Yep, she didn't take care of his club feet like she should of when he was a baby, so he had to have surgery (that she didn't even tell my brother about) until after the fact. My other nephew had club feet and his mom made him wear the braces at night and his feet corrected.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I have a red head friend who is VERY pale and if you even pinch her a bruise forms right away.
This is very true, while I am not red headed I bruise over anything and it happens very shortly after I hit myself.
I always have something black and blue on me! :lol:

My skin is soo fair! my kids are the same way.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
I am a red head & bruise easily...Just last week when i was moving tons of heavy boxes & were holding them tightly up against me the corners of them bruised me almost instantly..it tooked as if I had been beat! My son was always falling down when he was little he is still clumsy now & he is 8 he doesnt look where he is walking & just recently he tripped over "air" leaving the computer room & hurt his foot so had to get xrays & all...its a fact kids fall!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
That's so sad. I mean I really never understood the whole hate thing towards another when there is a kid involved. I can understand that people are going to clash and things can get nasty but when it comes to the kid you think you'd be more of an adult and try and keep it clean at least in front of the child. It's sick how some people can be. I hope everything goes ok and I feel so bad for the little kiddo. =( As for bruising everybody is different!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I can knock my leg and within minutes a bruise will come up but I do have very delicate skin and I do bruise very easily.

Who's to say the lad didn't bruise himself at his ma's house... Divorce is bad enough but the aftermath is hell especailly when kids are involved

1 - 13 of 13 Posts