Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toby had some loose stools tonight, and I don't think he is feeling well. I don't think he has eaten anything since I watch him like a hawk and I didn't see him get into anything unusual. His stools were okay earlier. What should I do to make sure he is hydrated and okay? If he isn't better tomorrow, I'll take him to the vet. Just needing some reassurance. My little baby is sick :(

On another note, my mom's Chihuahua ATTACKED Toby tonight. Like, Toby was hanging from Max's mouth and screaming bloody murder by the time I got to them. Max didn't seem to be biting hard or anything, but Toby was freaked out. Toby is 3.5# and Max is over 12#. Toby seems to be okay and he went right back to playing with my mom's other dog, but I want to make sure he is okay internally. Are there any signs/symptoms that I should look for as a warning sign that he is hurt? Needless to say, they are no longer allowed to play together.

This attack occurred after the loose stools, so I do not think nerves caused them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Really, only you will be able to tell if he is hurt. You know how he normally acts & if he acts anything out of the ordinary, then I would take him to the vet. My Ote had a lot of loose stools in the beginning. The vet said it was just her body's way of adjusting to the food and different treats that we give her. She had them up until about 5 months old every so often.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
He seems okay but he has a little scratch or something on his ear that was bleeding a little bit. I put Neosporin (sp?) on it, and it isn't bleeding anymore. I'm gonna keep an eye on it, though, just to make sure and I'll take him in if it doesn't heal or looks infected. My mom's Chi was attacked by a 85# dog a few months ago and he just about died (got two puncture wounds about 1/5 of an inch from his jugular vein), he just hasn't been quite right since. Never thought he would do this, though, especially with me sitting on the computer a foot away.

And the loose stools have passed! He is about 4.5 months old, so I expect loose stools now and then, but it came out of nowhere!

Thanks. I really just needed SOMEONE to listen, ya know? Ah, the joy of new chi mommy-dom. Paranoia and all. It's kinda ironic (in a not so funny way, of course)- I posted about his scream in the Chihuahua Scream of Death thread- then I heard it ringing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.