Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since as I am new to the whole Crate Training thing I just have a few questions :)

1. How do you stop your dogs pulling out all the nice warm bedding you have put in the crate for them?

2. Do you wash the bedding and if so how often?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo only pulls it out to get a buried treasure :D .....and I wash the crate pads/blankets every two weeks.

So Peppy doesnt want the padding, could be cause he is used to sleeping out side, is he in a cage kind or a travel kind, meaning has a solid floor or does the cage kind have a solid floor :oops:

Bindi you would never know she slept in there she is so neat and tidy :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a cage type but Ive put padding on the bottom under the bedding so its comfy.

Ive pegged the mat in now so he cant pull that out.
Perhaps he will stop once he is use to it. He does like to pull stuff out of things. He always pulls the cusion out of the basket when he sleeps in it :?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a dog once that was great in her crate and never chewed on her bedding until one day out of the blue. So even if you think everything is okay just make sure you keep an eye on the bedding and your dog because that stuff can really hurt your dog! :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gadget's Mom Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing Gadget does with his bedding is
1 suck on it like he is nursing.
2 hump it
I guess thats not a bad thing :lol: Just make sure that Gadget doesn't tear through the material and eat the inside.

·
Registered
289 Posts
:D :D LOL at the humping thing!

I also appreciate the advice, I pick up my new babe on Friday, and guess I shall have to start all over again with the crate thing :? My first boy took to it immediately and still has to sleep in his "safe place" every night with the door shut tight!, he cries if you do not shut it up :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus never really pulled his bedding out, he just tried lifting it when he was burying something. As far as washing, I washed his bedding at least once a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts