Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Firge when she was eight months old. About a month and a half later, she spotted a little. It looked like diluted blood. She didn't do it very much, but I thought she was in heat. It lasted about a week.

Yesterday when I awoke. There were little spots of red blood on the sheets. Is something wrong with her? She doesn't act sick, just wants to sit in my lap most of the time. She's eating well and acts like her same sweet self. Could she be in heat the second time (about two months later) or what could it be?

If she is in heat, Is there anything I can do, like put something on her to keep her from getting it all over everything?

I will really appreciate any answers anyone can give me:confused:.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
She is in season. You can buy panties for her and insert a pad to keep her from getting blood all over. Some bitches keep themselves pretty clean, but there will still be somewhat of a mess. The swollen vulva is normal. She will be clingy and emotional for the next few weeks. If you have any other pets, she will mount them and try to get them to mount her. It is instinctual. This lasts about a month. A week going in, a week where she is fertile, and then a week going out. You will need to keep a very close eye on her at all times and make sure she doesn't get bred. It only takes a second for a mating to occur.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Definitely sounds like she is in heat, you can buy little pants and pads to put on her though i dont know how useful they are or even if she would tolerate them, i know my little yorkie tends to keep herself as clean as she can and its just a matter of putting towels down where she sleeps so they can be changed. Please keep a very close eye on her if you dont want her to breed it only takes a minute for a dog to get to her and its surprising what they will do to get to a bitch on heat.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
She could be inn heat...there are wee diapers and pants that you can get. I'd check with the vet because it sounds too soon if the first episode was indeed her first cycle. She could have a UTI or something, is she going to be spayed ??

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Martha, how long between the first diluted blood and now? It sounds like she is in heat, with being swollen and bleending.
They do make little panties for dogs in heat, you put a pantie liner inside them. I think you can find them at Petsmart or Petco or buy them of e-bay.
Be very careful not to let her out by herself she will attract ALL the males in your area. and sometimes the female will run off so be careful.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Also the panties won't keep her safe from being breed. They are only for the mess of bleeding. One of my girls bucked like a little bull when I put the pants on her. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts