Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what his deal is. He has been with me almost all day. I had him in his crate while we ran out for about an hour. Came back to let him out and he just sat there looking at me... So I got him out and put him outside for potty and he just kinda looked at me... I picked him up and he screeched at me... Now I have touched every part of him and moved all of his legs and I can't find anything that makes him screech.... I can't figure out what is wrong with him he just sits there about half falling asleep shaking....!!!!!!! :sad7:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sounds like a disc problem or perhaps something in his belly. Impossible to tell from your description what could be wrong. I would suggest a vet look at him.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called my vet. They said he sounds like he might have hurt himself but they don't have anything until tomorrow morning at 8:45 but I can take him to the emergency clinic. Yeah, that only costs half a fortune... I don't know what to do..... Ugh...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got him to eat and he pooped and he stopped shaking. Could it be hypoglycemia? He's turning 7 months old Oct 3rd. Can they still have issues with that at his age? He ate around 12:30 and this started around... 5:30-6?

Whats weird is I put his flea & tick stuff on him today. It's the last time he should need it this season, and it's not a new product. We have used it before, but Annie had a bad reaction to it one time where she was vomiting for a few hours and then all of a sudden she was fine... He hasn't vomited... But I thought maybe a reaction to the flea and tick stuff? It's Vectra 3D from the vet....

All I know is that my vet was not much help. Feels like they rarely are and I'm getting fed up.....

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Sounds like the flea & tick stuff has made him sick!!! You better take him to vet in the morning & make sure you let them know you gave him the flea & tick med.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I told them on the phone I gave it to him... Grrr freaking vet. The lady was like "well you can take him to the emergency clinic"... um, thanks!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
It could very well be the flea & tick stuff, we had someone (name escapes me at the moment) on here who's dog went blind temporarily (I think) from using Advantix on her chihuahua a few weeks ago, it was in the hospital and was very very sick, having trouble standing etc. If it's hypoglycemic at this age there is something wrong (internally) with your dog. Zoey gets hypoglycemic but she has hydrocephalus among other problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts