Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sonny did great but my plan did not! I tried to keep BG and Sonny seperate when I first brought him home and well they told me that was not going to happen! I let both of them see each other then set Sonny up in my upstairs bathroom. He screamed and pounded on the door while BG howled bloody murder and pounded on the kitchen baby gate. Chis 1 Mom 0

So I also decided that I was going to take Sonny potty out front as my Basset Gibbs and him play very rough. I left his new pupia harness on him and left it there to make it easy! Well BG decided to eat a hole in the back (where Sonny can't reach) of the harness. I guess she wanted it off! LOL Chis 2 Mom 0

On Saturday Sonny was doing much better and was bound and determined he was going to go potty in the back yard where all his favorite spots are. I have a gate on my deck to where the hounds can only come up when I say and the chis can only go down when I say. Well my Little Man was jumping non stop at the gate and would not accept no as an answer. So I let BG over and carried him over to the middle of the yard, grabbed Gibbs by the collar and let him go. He loved it as he had all his favorite spots to go. Chis 3 Mom 0

Yesterday Sonny wanted to play with Gibbs he kept running up to him while I was holding him and pouncing on Gibbs. I explained to Gibbs (I talk to my kids like they are humans and I know they understand) that Sonny had surgery and he can not play with Sonny like normal and he has to be easy as we do not want Sonny to get hurt. Not 5 minutes later Sonny started pouncing on Gibbs and Gibbs collar slipped through my hand. I freaked but Gibbs listened and would not run with Sonny only walk through the yard with him. Chis 4 Mom 0

The only issue we had is I did have to give Sonny can food as his mouth was too sore to eat kibble after having 3 teeth pulled but so far that has been the worst of it oh and the Chis blowing all of my plans out the water!

Total Score as of today Chis- 4 Mom- 0

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i'm glad Sonny did great with the surgery. i'm not even going to try to seperate Minnie and Tootsie when Tootsie gets done. i'm sure i'll get the same results as you if i do :).
There going to look at her teeth also, but i hope none of them have to be pullled. they all look fine to me. i figure they get can get nice and clean while she's under anesthesia. theres a small amount of tartar, not much that i can see.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'm glad Sonny did great with the surgery. i'm not even going to try to seperate Minnie and Tootsie when Tootsie gets done. i'm sure i'll get the same results as you if i do :).
There going to look at her teeth also, but i hope none of them have to be pullled. they all look fine to me. i figure they get can get nice and clean while she's under anesthesia. theres a small amount of tartar, not much that i can see.
LOL I would not try it Trust me! I have to watch Sonny as he could hurt himself more trying to do what he wants to do with me trying to stop it then just letting him go. We walked a very fine line with him but he is doing 100% now!

Oh and he never had to wear an ECollar as he never tried to lick his wound but little MS BG got yelled at a few times for doing it for him so keep watch Elaina.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh Sonny, you naughty little monkey. I'm glad you feel better little guy, take it easy on your mom. ;)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I'm glad Sonny is doing well after the surgery! I'm telling you, these Chis are smarter than many humans! They know how to get their way... BG and Sonny knew they were NOT going to be separated.

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes they outsmarted both me and my mom to get their way! all of my plans went right out the window LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts