Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R.I.P LEXUS MARIE- November 11, 2001-June 8, 2011

This morning my best friend died :( I'm soooo heart broken beyond words. Lexus started showing signs of being Ill about a month ago we took her to the vets numerous times trying to figure out why she was in so much pain we tried series of medications with little success, finally a combination of 3 dofferent medications her pain was getting under control, xrays showed calcium buildup on her bones and a mass pressing on her vertebrae. This morning I went to let her outside to pee b4 giving her her breakfast and pain Meds and she collapsed on the stairs and was unable to get back up bring the large dog she was I struggled to get her to the top Where she stay laying, her gums were white and me having seen many people die being a nurse knew she was on her way out her pulse was very low and her breaths were shallow she weighed the same as me so I had no way of carrying her to my car and had to call to get someone to help lift her rushed to the vet and knew I was going there to say goodbye my parents are in Jamaica so I'm literally here alone with no support :( I frantically called them in the midst of everything to let them know b4 the injection was given. When I got to the vet her body was already turning cold and we wrapped her in a blanket I lay on the floor with her just crying and telling her what a perfect dog she was I kissed all my favorite parts her pig nose, her pig tails (ears) l, her little pink bottom lip and I held her paw as the butterfly went in it was a quick and peaceful passing. I will never ever forget my sweet Marie I will forever miss everything about her she loved all animals and lOved kissing the newborn chihuahua puppies and watching them run around the back yard when they got bigger, she loved my cat who would go down stairs and sleep on the couch on her back, Lexus always had to be with me if I was sun bathing outside on a lawnchair she had to be right on the lawnchair with me. She was so intelligent at the age of 8 we taught her how to "speak" she never went to dog school or obedience classes she just naturally knew all the good tricks.

I feel so sick and like a piece of my heart literally ripped off I would give anything to crawl inside her cage with her and just lay there telling her how much I loved her like I did everyday :(

RIP my sweet Marie until we meet again....

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss..the pain of losing our friends is so hard to bear.. I am so thankful you had 10 wonderful years together and now have those beautiful memories to treasure.. There is nothing that can lessen the sorrow you are feeling now, only the passing of time will ease the pain. She was a beautiful girl on this earth, and now is a beautiful spirit who will always be remembered.. Bless you, Deb

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That is so terrible :(
I am so sorry for your loss
I am going through a rough time now too so I can sympathize
Rest in peace Marie

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that this must be very hard for you but just remember that she is not in pain anymore. RIP Marie.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The pictures of the two of you together are beautiful, it looks like you have many happy memories with her. You can keep those memories close to your heart forever. I'm sure she knew how much you loved her. RIP Marie. Run Free

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
so sorry for you loss ...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! Means a Lot my parents are away on vacation and my house is way too quiet even with 3 dogs still here :( my other mastiff is so lonely and depressed I went out and bought him tons of new treats and toys he just sniffs them
Then lays where Lexus used to lay :( not sure how to help a pet mourn the death of his significant other I'm trying to keep him occupied and giving him extra attention

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so sorry she was a very pretty and sweet dog.It will take time but with time your heart will heal.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
:( Rest in peace you beautiful little girl you. Your words just made me pour tears down my face. My heart breaks for you, I know how important they mean to us and I just can't even imagin. She was truly loved. Rest in Peace baby girl..

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
(((((Sherri))))) I am so sorry, R.I.P Lexus Marie, she was just beautiful......

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your beautiful Lexus Marie. When my peke, Sun Chee, died from heart problems, her sister laid in the place she died for about a week. She was clearly missing her as they had been together for 11 years. What helped her get over her death was me adopting these chihuahuas. It took a while but now she plays with them and tries to join in their zoomies, which is funny to see as she is a very slow moving dog. But her cheery personality came back and she is enjoying life again.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i am so sorry. i can tell how much your really loved her, reading your post brought tears to my eyes. She was beautiful

1 - 20 of 24 Posts