Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's times like now....when it's 20* outside....that I am SOOOOOO glad that I kept my chis piddle pad trained and didn't train them to go outside!!!! They stay warm and so do I!!!!! HAHA!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I know!! We have 3 greyhounds also....they go out but we have a fenced-in yard. I would be too afraid to just open the back door and let the little ones run out without me. NO WAY!! I would never do that!! Heard way too many horror stories. So, my babies will stay piddle pad trained. They are happy and so am I...lol.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't blame you... Mine all go outside, and right about now I wish we had litter trained! Lol

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
When Zoey was younger I tried training her to outside....then winter hit...yah that was a real success....I stood out there and froze my tooshie off as she'd just stand there looking at me like I was a moron.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When Zoey was younger I tried training her to outside....then winter hit...yah that was a real success....I stood out there and froze my tooshie off as she'd just stand there looking at me like I was a moron.
LOL....yea we never even tried it...I was like this is way too nice. So we just kept them on the piddle pad. They do very well with it so I figured why mess that up!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Yea, it's not so bad to clean up after a chi. I'd hate to clean up after a St. Bernard or Great Dane! lol
lol very good point

hahaha thats funny!

LOL....yea we never even tried it...I was like this is way too nice. So we just kept them on the piddle pad. They do very well with it so I figured why mess that up!
Honey is both pad trained and out door trained!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol very good point

hahaha thats funny!

Honey is both pad trained and out door trained!!
That's cool. I always wondered how the ppl that do both do it? Do they get confused? I am so afraid to mess them up cause right now they are doing so well with it! Any thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Both my girls are litter trained and outdoor trained, they seemed to naturally take to outdoor training. They probably smell other dogs and cats urine so they get the idea pretty easy and it hasn't confused them at all with the litter box.

I just concentrated on litter training and let them figure out the outside themselves and praised them when they pottied outside on their own while we were say on a walk or just in the back yard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts