Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sophie is getting little wispy places on her lately :shock:

her mother was a really full long hair(she looked like a bear) and her father was short slick haired. Sophie was always short haired but it was kind of thick not coarse. now her neck, under her belly. a bit of her tail and on the back of her legs are getting these little wispy bits. Nothing major and most anybody who took a look at her would say short haired, only I see more because i look at her close.
Now I'm wondering if in a few years she might end uf fluffy like her Mom???????????? Does anybody know if some Chi's develop the long hair from a long haired gene when they are older?

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
it can take long haired chis up to 3 years to get their full coat...........and coats can vary where my 2 who are littermates, ozzy is really long but Lily is very short............never heard of one been short haired and then getting long hair, how old is she though as my lily is 10 months and you could mistake her for short haired if it wasnt for the few long bits around her ears :wave:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sophie is 7 months now going on 8 months.

I had 1 Chi before her that was short haired but was the super short rough kind with no hair under neck or on chest. Then Sophie came and she was short haired but so different because she had short hair and was smooth but lots of it around her neck. Just recently it started getting the little wispy things in the few places but it's not really long.

her Mom had this REALLY full medium hair . She reminded me of a Chow....LOLOL.... you know how they have that really full hair that is longer then short but not really long. And she was red like Ozzy :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts