Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had noticed recently that the fur on the lower part of Sophie's tail had gotten longer by a few inches. We were surprised since she may be almost 5 this coming November.

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else who has a longhair?

Here's a shot of her at the park Sunday. Unfortunately, not long after I took this shot a not so nice Jack Russell jumped up (my husband was holding her as she is mostly afraid of other dogs) and pulled a mouth full of fur from her tail :shock: :shock: :evil:
Sophie didn't yelp so it may not have hurt her but now we're hoping that the missing fur will grow back !!

Here she was before mr. jack russell (who his owner was saying as the dog ran up that he was very friendly !!! ) grabbed her tail. :x :x

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
She certainly is beautiful. I'm so glad your hubby was holding her, it could have been worse!

I don't know about the tail, my girls are both just over a year.
I'm sure hope the missing hair will grow back.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Sophie is just gorgeous! Her tail hair is very long. I wonder if my Cooper's tail hair will keep growing...he's only 1 so it will probably get longer. Here is a picture of it...It kind of reminds me of Sophies, except it's not as long and thick as hers. She is just beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we were glad that Sophie wasn't on the ground. Why is it that every dog owner says that their dog is "only friendly" when that friendliness can often be scary for a little dog.
This dog wasn't a whole lot bigger than Sophie. His owner didn't even say sorry as his dog was standing there with all this fur hanging out of his mouth :shock:

Sophie's first big spurt of fur growth on her tail was at about 2 or 2 1/2, about 6 months after we got her.

Cooper has a lovely tail. Sophie's is actually rather wispy but long. That's a lovely shot of Cooper, you should submit it for the calendar. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts