Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I apologise in advance for this ramble but you're the only people around who understand! I just want to tell you how happy I am with Mylo. How pleased and proud I am. He's such a good little boy!

He's walking fantastically on his lead now, he ran most of the way today. He barely stops to sniff and he loves going out. He's doing so well with his toilet training; he only really has accidents in the hall or the kitchen now rather than going back to the living room to the puppy pad.

He lets me sleep in if I'm really tired. He's had a couple of days where I've had to leave him in his crate for a few hours and there's been no fuss or problems and as always, he didn't go potty in his crate. He even wakes mr up in the morning to tell me he needs to go. His biting has improved and he never whines or begs for food when we're eating. He'll sit quietly to see if I'll give him anything and then if I don't he'll go back to what he was doing. I can't believe how smart and well behaved he is for 14 weeks. I feel so blessed to have found him.

I thought I would share since I've been feeling so pleased with his progress the last couple of days and you're the only ones who will understand and not tell me off for gushing!! Thanks for reading my ramble! :eek:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. It is great. I've had dogs before when i was growing up and I loved them but I wasn't expecting the sense of pride I have with Mylo because he's mine.

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
So happy for you guys! It sounds like you are doing a great job training him and it really shows through the things you are saying! Keep up the amazing work and keep gushing! I love hearing about it Melissa! xoxoxo

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glad to find someone who does want to hear it! He's just well behaved for such a young puppy. He doesn't chew wires or anything like that. He does like to chew the bow on my shoes though! And he LOVES people. He runs towards people or stops when they walk past because he thinks everyone is his new best friend. He gets so excited when people stop to pet him. He's not the most dominant puppy bit he's not scared of anything other than dogs really. He's gotten over the fear of loud noises, traffic and public transport. When I was deciding what breed to get everyone said not to get one because they're all snappy, yappy, aggressive little dogs and the one I had as a child was the exception. It made me determined to prove them wrong and I think Mylo is well on his way!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
No need for appologies..I love reading these things! Mylo is about the same age as my girl..shes pretty well behaved as well, they would make pretty nice little babies ;)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shame you're so far away! Saying that, he doesn't seem to like other dogs. I think he thinks he's human! He lies backwards in my arms like a baby! (he gets in that position himself!) I keep trying to get him used to other dogs but he's not having any of it!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Shame you're so far away! Saying that, he doesn't seem to like other dogs. I think he thinks he's human! He lies backwards in my arms like a baby! (he gets in that position himself!) I keep trying to get him used to other dogs but he's not having any of it!
Neither will Kalisee. She will be curious but then her tail goes right between her legs and she gets this panic look on her face and tries to run the other way.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
you're the only ones who will understand and not tell me off for gushing!!
Of course we understand! Gush away! It's so rewarding when your training starts to pay off. I think Winnie is finally toilet trained as of this week and i'm really proud too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts