Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was walking Chico today, and we pass these 2 women who were walking a yellow lab/retreiver type dog. Well, he was pretty big, so I picked Chico up, just incase the lab got curious, I didn't want Chico to get all freaked out.

So, these lady's stopped and started talking to me, and they're admiring Chico while I'm holding him. So, one of the lady's starts petting him, then she says to me "Oh, he's not a real Chihuahua" I'm like "Excuse me?" And the same lady says "You can tell, his ear's don't stand straight up, he doesn't have an apple dome head, and he has an underbite, not to mention he looks to big." (Chico only weighs 8 1/2 pounds!) Then she goes on to tell me that there's no way he could be a registered dog!

Well, that got me so mad! :evil: I told the lady that he is a real chihuahua. A Chihuahua is a Chihuahua regardless of being registered or not. It doesn't matter that his ears aren't a certain way or his head is shaped differently. I also told her that I don't care what the AKC stardards say, because my Chico is Chihuahua. (I learned all that on this forum...what would I do without you guys :)) Then to add insult to injury, the other lady starts saying "If your dog could talk, I bet he'd talk Mexican...yo queiro taco bell." UUUGGGHHH!!! :evil: What is WRONG with people?

After that I told them "Have a nice day" and I walked away. I was so MAD! :evil:

·
Registered
273 Posts
OOOOOOHHHH.. What a couple of.... bad people.... How ignorant... And how stupid did that lady sound.. Talk Mexican... There's no such thing as talking Mexican... You should've slapped them!! It's ok though, Chico is all Chihuahua.. Regardless of what dumb people say.. The nerve of them!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know, they were "hoity toity" looking people anyways...like they knew everything. I always try to be nice to everyone I come across, and believe me, what I really wanted to say to those people were "Look, If I wanted your opinion, I'd beat it outta ya!" But, being the nice person I am, I bit my tongue.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ignore people like that! If Chico could talk he would say how much he loved his owner. I'm glad you walked away, you was right and abigger person!

·
Registered
91 Posts
What kind of people would feel it necessary to tell you what kind of dog you own, not a "real" chi some people just don't have any common sense.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
You didn't know you were in the presence of such a chi expert. :roll:

Ya know, even if you thought someone's dog wasn't what they said it was (such as a "real" chihuahua), why on earth would you feel the need to tell them?? Idiots. :x
EXACTLY!!!!!!! what did they gain by that?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
MsStephanie said:
OOOOOOHHHH.. What a couple of.... bad people.... How ignorant... And how stupid did that lady sound.. Talk Mexican... There's no such thing as talking Mexican...
She should have said no...I think he'd sound like this BARK BARK BARK....just like any other dog!! LOL :lol: and then bite your ankle for being ignorant!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some people are like that out here, as well as everywhere else. In Vegas, a lot of times, you will see girls and women walking around with fancy purse carriers with chi's in them. My husband tells me all the time that when he's at work he sees women and men walking around with Chihuahua's. These people usually spend hundreds on chi's, thinking that they won't be getting a "real" chi unless they spend that kinda money. So it really didn't surprise me that someone would "critique" my boy like that, I was just so mad that they actually had the nerve to do it to my face! It doesn't matter though, because I love my boy more than anything, and I know he loves me. I wouldn't give him up for anything. It just hurts because I love him so much and some people can be so insensitive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
Some people are like that out here, as well as everywhere else. In Vegas, a lot of times, you will see girls and women walking around with fancy purse carriers with chi's in them. My husband tells me all the time that when he's at work he sees women and men walking around with Chihuahua's. These people usually spend hundreds on chi's, thinking that they won't be getting a "real" chi unless they spend that kinda money. So it really didn't surprise me that someone would "critique" my boy like that, I was just so mad that they actually had the nerve to do it to my face! It doesn't matter though, because I love my boy more than anything, and I know he loves me. I wouldn't give him up for anything. It just hurts because I love him so much and some people can be so insensitive.
Uh oh, I'll be moving to Vegas mid August and I'll be taking my baby with me. I hope I don't run into the same kind of people you came across!

KB mamma- Hilarious! :wave:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Some people!!! I betcha if you chi could have talked he would have told them right where to go :D ha ha but ya done the right thing by holding your tongue and telling them to have a nice day!! that way you didnt lower yourself to there standards. :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MsStephanie said:
Uh oh, I'll be moving to Vegas mid August and I'll be taking my baby with me. I hope I don't run into the same kind of people you came across!

KB mamma- Hilarious! :wave:
I hope you don't run into people like that either...if they had said to someone else what they had said to me, the other people probably wouldn't have been as "nice" as i was.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I am so sorry those two women were so rude to you. It's sad that people are so disrespectful. Your baby is 100% Chi and why is it any of their business anyway? :roll:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts