Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if this is just a problem (not so much a problem but a concern) with Peanut or with many Chihuahua's.

Ever since I got him, I always talk to him as though he were a baby (in a high pitch voice), he has recently started whining sometimes when we talk to him like that (although he whines around other dogs too). Also, when I use my microphone and he hears my voice if im not directly in front of the speaker, he starts howling as if he were hurt.

Can he possibly be SUPER sensitive to high pitched noises (I know Dogs are sensitive to frequencies that we cannot hear and also high pitched sounds), but is this abnormal? Should I take him to the Vet for this??

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
oooh Im not sure - I always speak to mine in the high pitched baby voice and they never howl maybe he has an ear infection or something do his ears smell ok ?

If you speak to him in the same voice but quieter is he ok ? :wave:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the thing is, hes a mama's boy, so if someone else is holding him or with him, he will try whatever he can to be with me. So sometimes he simply whines to go with me... He doesnt whine everytime I use a high pitch but he has started doing it more often a few days ago.
Sigh :(

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
don't worry! i talk to chiwi and she will talk back in the same pitch! she also sings in the car to certain songs (shakira always gets her going!)

·
Registered
148 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
don't worry! i talk to chiwi and she will talk back in the same pitch! she also sings in the car to certain songs (shakira always gets her going!)
That's sooo cute :lol: ...mine never talk back when I talk to them....and they never sing :( hehehe

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Armando... said:
luvmypuppet said:
That's sooo cute :lol: ...mine never talk back when I talk to them....and they never sing :( hehehe
i get her started by saying goooood giiiirl and she'll try to sound exactly like me lol. sometimes she does make a gooooo giiiiiirrrrr sound. it's so cute!

my mom tries to get her going to she lays on her stomach and chiwi will jump on her back and bark real high pitch in her face from her shoulder lol. i gotta get pics! i wish everyone could hear her sing and talk!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
Armando... said:
luvmypuppet said:
i get her started by saying goooood giiiirl and she'll try to sound exactly like me lol. sometimes she does make a gooooo giiiiiirrrrr sound. it's so cute!

my mom tries to get her going to she lays on her stomach and chiwi will jump on her back and bark real high pitch in her face from her shoulder lol. i gotta get pics! i wish everyone could hear her sing and talk!
Oh my gosh that is ADORABLE!!! I wish I could hear that...hey maybe she could be the next American Idol...LOL

Gizmo is still ...sigh.....mute... :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess it could be that he is talking back to me.. I hope it is!

How did Chiwi start singing? Just out of no where? If so that is adorable and maybe you could show that to Americas Funnies Home videos (or the Pets one). You have a very talented Chihuahua. :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
PeanutButter said:
I guess it could be that he is talking back to me.. I hope it is!

How did Chiwi start singing? Just out of no where? If so that is adorable and maybe you could show that to Americas Funnies Home videos (or the Pets one). You have a very talented Chihuahua. :lol:
the way i found out that she is loud lol is when i am training her i say all positive and high pitched good girl when she gets it right and she would bark and try to nip my lips then we were in the car and i was singing away (i have a singing problem i THINK i can and it's a problem for everyone hehe) i can't even remember what song it was and i looked at chiwi and sang giiiiirl instead of boy (like the song said) and she just started to mimick me. now i'm trying to get her to say i love you to add to the good girl :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
How funny Auggie has a variety of sounds that I know is talking. It really sounds like it because it is a variety of noises. He does it every time we shower and we know he is saying " If you are going somewhere I want to go too Don't leave me" Yesterday at the pool he had everbody laughing cause I was in the pool and he started talking. One girl even said was that really him :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Lily just twitches her ears when I sing. :lol: But I remember one really awful storm with lots of street flooding, hard rain beating on the car, and she was scared to death of the noise and the windshield wipers. While sitting in an endless line of traffic and praying we'd make it home, I held Lily and sang Christmas carols to her, just the nice soothing ones. It really calmed her down, which calmed me down. I guess mom's voice isn't so bad after all. :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Lily just twitches her ears when I sing. :lol: But I remember one really awful storm with lots of street flooding, hard rain beating on the car, and she was scared to death of the noise and the windshield wipers. While sitting in an endless line of traffic and praying we'd make it home, I held Lily and sang Christmas carols to her, just the nice soothing ones. It really calmed her down, which calmed me down. I guess mom's voice isn't so bad after all. :lol:
singing to them helps them so much! they may not sing along like chiwi does but it helps them. i sang all the time at my job, whenever i had to give a bath i'd sing to the dog (not the cats though it took crazy concentration to manuver a flailing biting scratching feline!!!) they would stop shaking almost immediatly, and the dogs that never boarded before and were scared i'd sit int he cage with them (or hold them depending on size lol) and sing to them for a few minutes. music soothes even the savage of beasts, whether you can sing good or not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts