Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i am having a few problems with coco.when i take him out walking and people and children want to stroke him i hold coco and let them and coco gets a little scared but is fine but at home when people come in he goes crazy!barking,growling and looks very viscious!it is very hard to calm him down,i spray him but it doesnt seem to work,in the past few months he has got worst,my aunt visited yesterday who is brilliant with animals and coco was awful with her but she persevered and after a few hours he was a little more tolerant but the strange thing was he met her about a month ago before and was fine with her!i dont know what to do,is introuducing him to people outside his home good for him to become more friendly?
thank you
xxx

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
We have a business and a lot of strange people come in and out daily...Bella will bark and even growl if they attempt to pet her or stretch their hand out to me etc. I find that if they just ignore her, she will settle down and on her own terms, approach them...Bella is very possesive of me and I don't think that is ever going to change...and I don't think I would want it too .

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand your point,but i dont like coco being aggresive,some times im even woried hes going to bite!but hes so friendly to peope he knows but these people are ones that hes known since he was a puppy,i want him to be friendly,i know some people are worried about the dtealing and stuff but thats not much of a problem where i live snd i want him to be a friendly dog especially as when im on holiday in august he will be stayin with my friend and her younger ssiters who are 5 and 6.
and i would also like to say i love bella!she is one of my faves and i love seein pics of her!
xxx

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
You may want to check out the Dumb Friends League of Denver's website for tips on training Coco. They have lots of suggestions on how to train dominant dogs, dogs with barking problems, etc.

They also have a behavior hotline for help. I thought that was odd, yet cool at the same time.

http://www.ddfl.org/tips.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts