Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Wow! He does look like a strong/calm swimmer. :) We are trying to teach Pismo before he learns to use the doggy door because we have a pool in the backyard. Mo is a spaz, and doesn't seem to like the water much. Was Sparky that calm when you first put him in?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
what a cutie!!! Is that a pool he is swimming in??? otherwise that water is beautiful!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pismo said:
Wow! He does look like a strong/calm swimmer. :) We are trying to teach Pismo before he learns to use the doggy door because we have a pool in the backyard. Mo is a spaz, and doesn't seem to like the water much. Was Sparky that calm when you first put him in?
you just have to put him in, all dogs are natural swimmer

they'll get frantic at first but keep good phraising them, and then, when they swim to you, just hold them in the water

goodluck

·
Registered
746 Posts
Thanks vpkb. I guess we just haven't given him enough of a chance. He was splashing around so much the first time I thought he was going to sink! We will try more positive reinforcement.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Thats great to see Sparky swimming, we have to try to get Poppy to swim to rehabilitate her leg after her operation...that pic has inspired me! :D

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I gave deano a bath just then and filt it up a little more than usual. Deano did a little doggy paddle used his front legs but kept his back legs stif. I held his belly and said good boy and then he started to use is back legs abit. Then i shampooed him and got him out. He looked abit scared at first but i used my voice softly so he wouldnt be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts