Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poor little Sparkles it looks like we might lose her she still wont eat and has been rushed into the vets on a drip :( we really dont know what to do and the vet is at a loss we can only put it down to her emotional state. I guess I can actually say now that she's one of the pups we rescued from the puppy mill :( Thats why we dont know what to do, we really dont know what she's been through in her short life and she was so attached to her sister I'm guessing it's cos she was all she had. It's just such a sad end if we lose them both after we saved them.

Sarah

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Thats what i was going to say, have i missed another important message, hope shes okay?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
she's my friends chi puppy her sister had to be PTS a couple of weeks ago due to a broken leg well actually it was her hip that was broken and she couldnt have it amputated because she would be unable to balance :(. Her sister Sparkles hasnt eaten since her sister went

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Oh yes i remember now, im sorry! Why couldnt her sister balance as there are several dogs ive seen with only 3 legs ( and cats) and they did okay?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sullysmum said:
Oh yes i remember now, im sorry! Why couldnt her sister balance as there are several dogs ive seen with only 3 legs ( and cats) and they did okay?
due to it being one of her back legs and that she'd broken it at the hip the vet said she wouldnt be able to balance and it was better to put her down, she also had a weak skeleton due to malnutrition :(

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Sarah , sorry to hear this sad news :( bless her , at least she is getting the very best care with you & your friend , I hope she may just make it through this ........

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
due to it being one of her back legs and that she'd broken it at the hip the vet said she wouldnt be able to balance and it was better to put her down, she also had a weak skeleton due to malnutrition :(
Oh i see, very sad,isnt there 'anything' that can be done for her sister :(

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I am so sorry about Sparkles...hopefully she will pull through. It just goes to show how much emotion these little one's feel...she misses her sister so badly.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:( sadly last night my friend lost little Sparkles her heart rate slowed and her body just gave up, the little girl died of a broken heart. We really dont know what to do my friend is deverstated, after we saved them from such an awful life to lose both of the little girls is heartbreaking. We've currently got the vet doing a post mortem for the RSPCA maybe that might shed some light on what was wrong with these little ones :(

R.I.P little Sparkles

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm so very sorry about Sparkles. At least her last days were with people that loved her and wanted to help in any way they could. It's just so sad; I hope the vet can find a reason for her poor health and put everyone's minds at ease.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am so sorry, for you and your friend, but you should feel very proud, for those few weeks you had them you made there life worth living with all the love and care you gave them, my thoughts and prayers are with you both, but i am sure sparkles and her sister will always watch out for you from heaven, you have 2 new gaurdian angels.
thoughts prayers and a million hugs
Roie

1 - 20 of 22 Posts