Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girly is getting spayed tomorrow...I'm so nervous, I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight.

She's had a bath, nails trimmed, been brushed, and is ready for the big day. I ordered a load of treats and teddies for her which arrived today, so she's got yummy stuff to distract her when she gets home.

Please keep her in your thoughts, I hope my beautiful girly will be okay.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Aww poor baby! My chinese crested Tequila was just spayed yesterday so I know how you feel! You'll have fun pampering her when she's back home though. Do be careful with the treats on the first day though; the vet will give you all the discharge info; but sometimes the anesthesia can make them throw up after they come home if they eat.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, but girls didn't really eat much that first day, but they next day they did! :)

How much does she weigh? She'll do great. I was a nervous wreck with my girls too, but they did awesome! :)

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
she will be fine all she needs is lots of loving and i no you will give it to her.
xxxx she is in my thoughts xxx

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aww poor baby! My chinese crested Tequila was just spayed yesterday so I know how you feel! You'll have fun pampering her when she's back home though. Do be careful with the treats on the first day though; the vet will give you all the discharge info; but sometimes the anesthesia can make them throw up after they come home if they eat.
I hope all went well for your girly :)
And thanks for mentioning that about the treats, I didn't think about that.
Yeah, but girls didn't really eat much that first day, but they next day they did! :)

How much does she weigh? She'll do great. I was a nervous wreck with my girls too, but they did awesome! :)
She weighs approximately 2 kilos, and thankyou.
she will be fine all she needs is lots of loving and i no you will give it to her.
xxxx she is in my thoughts xxx
She will definately be getting lots of loving, gentle loving of course.
I'm sure she will do great! And pampering her when she gets home will be the best part! :)
Thankyou, I sure hope so. She'll get tonnes of pampering.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou SammyP, I just dropped her off, can't pick her up till between 4 & 5 tonight. I need to keep busy :(

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thankyou Theresa.

I got a call from the vet earlier to say she had woken from the anaesthetic :) I get to pick her up at about 4, so just an hour to go <3

·
Registered
165 Posts
Aww i hope shes ok, im sure she will be though. im sure she will be getting even more cuddles when she comes home xxx

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Daisy is home! Was waiting for them to bring her out and she suddenly started screaming, they were giving her a pain relief injection before we took her.

She's laying in my arms in a blanket now, dozing a tiny bit but I think she's worried about what else will happen to her. Bless her.

Thankyou for your kind words everyone. xxx

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She's up and about now, had a bit of chicken for tea and even jumped onto then off the sofa which I would not have let her do if I'd got her in time! She isn't whining in pain anymore either :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
So glad to hear she is homeward and sound. She will be pretty sleepy for the next couple of days, but it doesn't take them long to get back to their normal self.

·
Registered
894 Posts
That's great she's doing so good! My girls were so pitiful that first day. Whined if moved them and stuff. The second I brought Bella in the house and put her down, she jumped on the recliner! I just tried to hold them in their snuggle sacks during most of their recovery, especially the first couple days.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts