Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I brought Kismet in for her spaying. She also may need some teeth pulled :( . When I got back home I realized how much I enjoy having her around. The house is so empty. I have the boys in school..I do have cats but they are asleep like always.. :roll: I usually have Kismet to keep me company.
I should be bringing her home this evening. They said as long as she is stable on her feet they'll let her go.
She now weighs 9.8 lbs. She is a big girl!
I'll update after I talk to the vet

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Good luck today! Kismet IS a big girl, but hey it's more dog to love =) I know you'll want to cuddle when she gets home but make sure she's quiet and confined. I recommend crating her if she's coming home the same day as the spay, it will be good for her since she'll be painful and provide peace of mind to you knowing where she is and being able to observe her all day.

Fingers crossed for Kismet! -Nate

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone :)

Thanks for the advice Nate. That is a very good idea. I will definately do that. I want her to have as much comfort as she possibly can.
I think i'm going to bring her crate when I go to pick her up that way she will be more comfortable on the drive home.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update

I just called. She is done w/ the spaying and that went well. The vet also has to pull 4 teeth, she had one more to go while I was talking to the receptionist.
I could just cry. I feel bad having to put her through so much pain. I know it's for the best but it still makes me feel awful :cry:
They told me I could call back around 6 p.m. to see how she is doing and they will let me know when I can get her home.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I know how you feel, Tatt. I missed Trixie so much when she had to stay overnight at the Vet after she was spayed. Other than a little lump beneath the sutures (which lasted a few weeks), she was her old self again within a couple days. I'm thinking of you, take care. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's Home!

When I walked into the vets office all I could hear was this awful sad pitiful barking. It was Kismet :shock:! It broke my heart.
She is doing o.k. for the most part. I just have to watch I don't move about too much. I got my husband to watch her while I went take a quick shower and she lead him straight to the bathroom to be w/ me. It makes me feel better, I was so worried she was going to be mad at me seeing as I was the one that brought her and left her. Luckily dogs don't think how we think :)
I was going to leave her crated w/ the door open like Nate suggested but she was not having that.
When I picked her up the vet said she was way more easy to deal w/ than Mikey was :lol: They said she was a sweetheart, which I all ready new :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts