Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 10 year old chihuahua (Its the friend who owns Teddy) She adopted her from a Puppymill place and she is 10 years old and has been pushin out puppies for along time. She wants to be reensured that everything will go ok with the surgery cause she is affraid of losing her on the table because she is older and not that good of health. So anyone got any good stories of older dogs being spayed or bad stories of dogs being spayed??? So I can reensure her everything will be ok?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
not sure about a smaller breed but my tasha bird was spayed at age 8 :) she did just fine (i was there from start to finish, i ws the one with her while she was waking up) the vets were i worked say this all the time "AGE IS NOT A DISEASE" good luck and tell your friend how awesome it was to save from a puppymill! but i bet you already have.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Depends on the vet and her health. I know the vet I worked for would not do a spay that old because of possible complications with anesthesia :?

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I have no answer but God bless your friend for adopting an older chi with health problems. I could just cry thinking about that poor little girl who has spent a decade pushing out litter after litter. It's about time she got the love and care she deserves. Your friend is my new hero.

You guys remember the thread about what your one wish would be? I want to change mine. My one wish would be that all puppy mills be eliminated from the face of the earth. I hate those places more than words can express. :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts