Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 5 month old chihuahua mix is currently on day 5 of post spay surgery. I just want to hear some of your personal stories. Like if you guys coned her, and if she was really active, or did she jump on couches, just a few days afterwards.

I want to know if anything bad happened, or if nothing happened at all.

this is my first dog ever! and I'm just a little pre-cautious with everything.

Her current situation is that she's jumping on the couches, going up and down the stairs, I know that she should be resting a lot, but sometimes these things are just impossible to control.

She also started hacking (?) choking (?) today, but when I googled it I've read up that it could have been reverse sneezing due to allergies or changing weather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so far today she has not done any of those choking sounds. She's acting normal, like she did before she was spayed. We're still trying to keep her not that active by not throwing her toys across the room and have her chase it.

Do dogs act any differently when their in pain??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks :) do you think a short walk will do fine?? I'd rather take her out on a good paced walk than have her run around like a psycho

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we actually never put the cone on her. I got my dog from the shelter, and the spay was included. So I drop her off and shelter and they take her to wherever she gets spayed. So I never had one to one contact with a vet.

When I asked the shelter lady if she needed a cone she looked at me like "why would a dog need a cone".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Little update***

Don't know what happened all the sudden but Bella keeps making upchucking sounds. I wouldn't be so worried if it doesn't happen every few minutes. It's really making her exhausted. so going to take her to the vet later today and see if anything's wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
she's fine. She's either developed kennel cough or it's just allergies. She doesn't have a temperature or anything. thank god.

She just needs to take some pills to decrease the coughing.. or as I like to think Choking noise of hell

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
She seems to be doing much better than yesterday that's for sure. She hasn't coughed all that much today. especially when compared to yesterday.

It seems that kennel cough is quite common then after some kind of big medical thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts