Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site, and I have a 15 month old female chi, she is only 2.4 lbs. I want to have her spayed. I am very concernd about her going through this. I have herd some horror stories about the little one's not waking up from the anestesia.. I took her to my vet, and my vet said that there is always a risk, didn't matter if they are 2lbs or 200lbs. She said that she would do it. Does any one else have a little girl that has been through this ? I know it is better to have it done, I just don't want to loose this special little chi...

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
They now are able to do spays through laser surgery which is safer and less invasive - why dont you try asking about that :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i asked my vet about the laser surgery...and he wouldn't recommend it

he said there's more chance something goes wrong....like burning a kidney or something,because it's such precision work.

i'm really dissapointed , because i really thought it was a good idea, especially for tiny females (like my paris), because of the faster recovery!!

maybe he doesn't want to invest in the probably very expensive machine , and that's why he tells me this :roll: ... i don't know

big hospitals will probably invest in it, but after what i've gone through i'm never going back there again......THOSE MONEYDIGGERS :evil:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Hi Beth---I know what you mean. My Chloe is amost 18months and only weighs 3lbs 2onces. I have resisted having her spayed, because of her tiny size. She has been in heat only once. I have had some "horrific" experiences with Vets, so I'm a little "spooked". I will have it done eventually....but not sure when. :)

sandra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts