Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had my chihuahua for over a year. It is a love hate relationship. He is the cutest most loving animal. He cuddles under the sheets and provides endless entertainment with his antics. On the other end of the board he is very difficult. The bolting out the door and distructive behavior I can deal with, it is his revenge bathroom behaviors that have brought my family to our knees. Our house must be kept in lock down because he will sneak to my sons room and poop in the middle of his bed and pee on his pillow. He can not be trusted. He pees in the middle of the other dogs bed. I am not looking for perfection. He has his paper to potty on and he is pretty good about that. He goes out on his line morning and twice at night. I just want to be able to go through my house with out a million gates up, it is worse then having a baby in the house. We love our dog but feel so very frustrated. Crating is out we tried for three weeks, but giving him a bath after he pooped all over himself each time got tiring. Why the revenge potty? I have grown up with animals and feel I have a pretty good grasp on animal behavior, but my little one even has my mother stumped. I can't bring Ziggy over to my parents house because of the leg being lifted every two seconds. Please help us we could use some advice. People have told me I need to just get rid of him. I love him and took him into our home promising him a good life. I don't want to break that promise. Thank you, a concerned mom.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Wow that is really hard, I do sympathise with you. I just dont know what to tell you as I am a new Chi owner myself but there are some really experienced people on here so I am sure they will have some suggestions for you.My Chi is 5 months old now and we do have accidents but nothing like what you describe....good luck in finding a solution. :wave:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Is he neutered? If not I would recommend getting him done.
If it really is revenge then you will have to look for what sets him off.
If you can't watch him, and I mean really keep an eye on him all the time, can you gate him your kitchen or laundry room? Somewhere where there is a tile floor.
Only let him out when you can watch him, or someone can watch him, so you can correct him when he has an "accident". If you catch him put him back in the kitchen for a while, 10 or 15 minutes, then let him out again.
You might want to get in touch with an animal behaviorist, or get a book on the subject.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your replys. He is gated into the kitchen most of the time. He is also neutered. He is the horniest dog in the world though. He never leaves our other dog alone if you know what I mean. Someone had mentioned in a post about the phantom pooper. Ziggy is stealth. He must be able to drop the bomb and run rather quickly. My son is really nice to him so I don't get the issue. Ziggy will grab my sons stuffed animal and parade around down stairs to show that he won and got the toy. He is so proud of him self, even though he knows that wasn't a good thing to do. Anyways thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts