Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow out enjoying some sun on the deck!
12 weeks! Already! EEK! she's growing like crazy! I think she is sooo tall that she might actually be part greyhound with those legs! Lol!
She had her vet appointment and second shots last week and all went well! Phew! I was a little worried. weighed 4lbs 2oz!! She will be one big chi when she grows up I think!

Potty Training is day-by-day! (our maybe hour -by-hour!lol!) She seems to be doing better - maybe ....Still has yet to show some sign of letting us know she has to go but I suppose repetition, repetition, repetition... and consistency!
Also picked up a bag of ziwipeak to start mixing in with her dry food for a slow switch over. Can't say that she loves it....but...she has nibbled on it so I will continue to add it in and hopefully she will grow to like it.
Willow has gained some confidence too - she was showing quite abit of fearfulness 2 weeks ago but we have been taking her to school when I pick up the kids and has being doing MUCH better. Seems to be quite fond of kids now actually, and okay with women. Working on socializing with men now too...

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
She is a little darling...she looks adorable in her little red sweater ..good luck with the training, it can be done ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
What a cutie!!

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Willow is absolutely gorgeous!! And I have to say I want a sweater like that for myself.LOL It is beautiful on her. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
That face is so adorable!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's so tiny and adorable! I can't believe she's over 4 pounds! :love7:
Yup! Infact she's probably 4 1/2 pounds now! Thinking she will be a 10 lb chi! WOW! I can't even imagine her being twice the size and some than she is now! She already seems sooo big! She is gonna be our chi monster!:eek::p
She's so funny too - I have always thought chis tend to love to be "hot" and snuggle under blankets and such - she likes to stretch out ontop the blankets and moves around for the cool spots. Just so different from my old min pin or the chi I grew up with! And she holds her bladder allll night! Which is great but just opposite of what I expected for a chi baby.

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Carmen, she is a very pretty girl. I'm happy to hear how well cared for she is.
Sounds like you are really enjoying her, that is good. :) Keep up the hard work,
it will pay off. She is a little sponge at this age, if you keep watering she'll keep
absorbing, lol. Take her out as often as possible, every hour when you are home,
after every meal, play time or nap. When you are not home make sure she is in a
small space like a crate or a bathroom, with her bed and water. Dogs don't like
to urinate where they sleep, so being in a small space will make her hold it. And
don't forget to give her lots of praise when she does her business outside.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts