Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,
My 3 month old pup had squish noises coming from his tummy this morning. This wasn't the first time and has happened once or twice before. Not sure what it is and I hope it's nothing bad.

Just a little background on him: I feed him orijen. He recently had Giardia and was on flagyl for ten days. He will usually scoot his butt on the floor at least once a day. His poops have been loose previously but yesterday he was constipated and yelped a little when his poop wouldn't fall off. As far as treats he gets baby carrots for going potty in the right place and a small piece of a banana once a week.

All help and comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Try a little bit (teaspoon) of regular pumpkin. (NOT the 'pie' variety). I understand that it helps constipation and diarrhea both! Good luck. Sue

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna try to get fecal test tomorrow. Today he didn't eat half the day and only ate after going #2. He was really constipated and there was red clear mucous near it. He also licks the air sometimes but def not a lot.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fecal test came out fine. Vet suggested a probiotic to help with tummy issues. Any recommendations ? Also suggested a lepto vaccine broken down into 3 doses. I said illthink about it. All prior research on the board and from the vet suggested against it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts