Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently Pedro (now 11 weeks) has started barking at objects (i.e a basket, and a childs toy). He bounces around growling and barking at it until eventually he is close enough and brave enough to go forward and investigate it. Is this a stage?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
My girls do that and they are over a year old.
I think it's just the way they check out a new object. It's pretty funny to watch.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I think it's a game to them. Jazzy does this too, and she's almost a year old. She'll bark at anything in the house that is not normally there. Heck, she even barks at her kibble sometimes. No kidding - she's a nibbler, and she will take one piece of kibble at a time into the living room - bat it around with her feet, roll it with her nose, and sometimes bark at it before she finally eats it. :lol:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Yep Auggie does it too if something is out of place or weird. Every so often a big palm frond falls off the tree outside our condo at the top of our stairs and that really bugs him :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper does that, except he doesn't bark. He DOES jump back about 10 feet like the object said "boo" or something to him though. :lol:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good to know that its not abnormal behavior! Pedro just started barking a little bit now at 11 weeks... so long to the quiet days

1 - 11 of 11 Posts