Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you all show me your stairs for your Chis? Bailey has caught a foot in her plastic ones so I need to look for different ones.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This first set of stairs came from PetSmart. They were like $30 or $40.

The second set was $80. I got them off of amazon, but I can't find them now. Our bed is ridiculously high, so we had a really hard time finding stairs tall enough.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
A couple of ours came from this guy. VERY sturdy. I had him make them without paw prints since they are in our living areas.
topdogsteps | eBay

I also got the very tall one shown here. I got it from craigslist. The lady bought it without measuring her area and it did not fit. The shipping back was very expensive so she sold it to me, still in the box, brand new for $60. We got chocolate carpet with the chocolate ivy shown. We have very tall 4 poster bed so had a hard time finding stairs tall enough until we found the ebay guy.
Pet Stairs: Design Series Stairs for Older, Arthritic Dogs by Doctors Foster and Smith

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need them for our couch. The plastic ones were from Petsmart and we're $25.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
A couple of ours came from this guy. VERY sturdy. I had him make them without paw prints since they are in our living areas.
topdogsteps | eBay
Oh nice! Thanks for posting the link to these, Karen. They look extremely well made for the price. It looks like only 45.00 which includes shipping. I'm going to pick up a set. The ones I have now are plastic covered with material and rather cheaply made. Nice that you can get them made without the paw prints too, I'd prefer them plain.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up finding these at Petco or $59. I like how the steps are wider and Bailey seems to be good with them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Missy, could you not buy the little carpet squares that have the sticky backs, and cover the plastic steps? we use those on our RV steps to cover the holes in the metal steps .

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Missy, could you not buy the little carpet squares that have the sticky backs, and cover the plastic steps? we use those on our RV steps to cover the holes in the metal steps .
We tried a couple things but Bailey wanted to chew it. Easier to just buy better ones I guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Missy, I understand the chewing :0) I think Pixie has tasted every thing in this house she can reach, and some we haven't figured out how she got to !!!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Missy, I understand the chewing :0) I think Pixie has tasted every thing in this house she can reach, and some we haven't figured out how she got to !!!!
Bailey seems to only chew on furry things now. Like the sheep fur stuff or blanket on our bed. Weird!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Amberleah lou lou wont do stairs but she does a ramp. I had one for my Pomeranian to get on our bed it really high so brought it out for her to get on couch. Kinda long but works.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts