Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks great !!

Only thing I would say is not to leave any collars or harness on while your baby is in there as she could get caught up. But you prob already know that :)

Looks very cozy great job !!! Can't wait to see pics of your baby in there !! Xoxo
Yep, she won't be wearing a collar indoors just to be safe. She has a padded harness & lead but only for walkies! Ahh it's so exciting! 15 days and she's coming home hehe :) xx

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I agree it does look great, just be mindfull though that she might not go on the pad straightaway and that looks a nice cream carpet that she might pee pee on ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree it does look great, just be mindfull though that she might not go on the pad straightaway and that looks a nice cream carpet that she might pee pee on ;)
Hehe we accept that she will have accidents, we have some spare carpet that we kept before we got wood floors in our dining room so we will put that underneath just incase hehe. Her breeder is starting her off with toilet training so hopefully puppy pads won't be so alien to her :D xx

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Looks fabulous!! She's a very lucky girl. If you want it set up in that area but can't get around that you have carpet there, you can go to an appliance store that sells those big rubber mats that mashing machines sit in. I think your whole set up will sit in one of those so if she does have an accident it would be easy clean up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks fabulous!! She's a very lucky girl. If you want it set up in that area but can't get around that you have carpet there, you can go to an appliance store that sells those big rubber mats that mashing machines sit in. I think your whole set up will sit in one of those so if she does have an accident it would be easy clean up.
Hehe thank you, was a bit worried it wasn't enough but I may be over thinking it, I just want everything to be prefect for her. That's a good idea, I may have a look in the pet stores over the weekend thanks! x.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
View attachment 37953 yey we set out the puppy pen this evening & I think it looks quite good. Just need to wait for the rest of her items to fill it with! I hope it keeps her happy whilst we work! :D hehe.

So cute, I had similar pics, thought you might have fun seeing them.
I put a piece of linoleum flooring in the bottom...it was perfect.

First day

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aww how cute is that!! Loooove all the pink toys, I thought I had ordered her too many toys but this made me feel better haha she literally has loads! Scented toys , chew toys, cuddly toys, teething toys, treat dispenser toys, ALL THE TOYS LOL! I want her to feel comfy and at ease when in her pen so I think it's the first thing I will introduce her to when she's here.
I'm Gonna get in the pen myself (oh dear!! :p) and have a good play and cuddle with her in there so that she's not fussed when it comes to spending a couple of hours in there a day. Xxx

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*also if anyone else uses these pens I would love to see some pics to steal a few ideas that I may not already have! :) x

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Nah....I don't think you can over do it. It is such a special time, I remember it well. Enjoy every minute of it. Another fun thing is to have someone take a video and pictures of your very first meeting..:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'm going to be a big crying mess when I go and get her so filming would be so embarrassing heh. Moving out and not being able to take my childhood dog was so hard I used to randomly cry because she wasn't with me and I'm a full grown woman in my 20's haha. I'm so soft when it comes to dogs, I'm so glad to finally have my own! x

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Debby, that piece of flooring idea is great! Way better than the rubber mat under the washing machine. When our dogs were puppies we used baby play pens, but since then, Winston, one of the dogs on this forum got his tooth caught in the mesh, and I wouldn't use one now. I would use a pen like has been shown in this thread by both of ya'll.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts