Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paco is starting obedience classes this week.

We actually do very well with obedience training already. He loves learning and routines so he really responds well to the training.

However, he really needs to learn to interact with other dogs. This will provide a perfect opportunity for us to do that. I am excited to help him over this hurdle.

He is so well socialized with people, sounds, and travels well but is just so seldom around other dogs this has actually been a problem.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Amberleah lou lou needs obedience bad, she bites everyone. She bit my mother In-law was funny but not. It didn't help the people she seen 1st year of her life where vet people that poked , messed with her to see what was wrong with her, and then her spay she doesn't trust people. They don't have classes around her I have to drive long way. I do plan on taken her to park with lots of her favorite treats.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Roxie is the same way... She loved other dogs when she was young but she's been kind of isolated for a long time and now she gets upset when too many strange dogs are around, so we're working on that. She also gets weirded out by cars when we bike after midnight because there are so few that she gets startled when she sees them lol

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Paco is starting obedience classes this week.

We actually do very well with obedience training already. He loves learning and routines so he really responds well to the training.

However, he really needs to learn to interact with other dogs. This will provide a perfect opportunity for us to do that. I am excited to help him over this hurdle.

He is so well socialized with people, sounds, and travels well but is just so seldom around other dogs this has actually been a problem.
I took both of my chis to a six week beginning class and it both fun and informative. I think it is great that you are taking him and hope you both have fun!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Good luck and have fun, both of you! I wish there were obedience classes here in English. I feel like I'm failing Gemma because I'm not experienced in obedience training and I can't seek any professional help because I don't speak Swedish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.