Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very excited to be getting an early start with Kerri in agility. We graduated puppy class and our training center offers a puppy agility class that you can take until they are a year old and strong/focused enough to start "real" agility.

It is not really agility so much, no impact, no actual jumping. But they do things like put dogwalk-like planks on the ground and they have a rocker board teeter thing. Also we start basic handling and the 2x2s. Mostly it seems like a fun confidence building class.

I just can't wait to start agility with this little girl. She is fast and agile and totally driven to do stuff for us. Our other dog is very accurate and fearless but he does not move with any great speed. I just know Kerri will be a fun dog to run with. I also found out there is a papillon puppy too, so we will not be the only tiny dog there.

Anyone out there do agility too?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh fun!!! Lucky Kerri! :p
Great way to bond with your dog, good for you!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yep, We do agility here. Lilo the chihuahua does agility with the rest of the dogs in our household who are border collies. She loves agility and is quite good at it. It was great for confidence building when she was first learning as she was a rescue with a little anxiety on occasion.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it is def a confidence builder for our older dog, who will be starting his competition career in the next few months. He was not only a rescue but also was in the pound for over 30 days, agility has been great for him. Kerri is a picture of confidence, so I think she will love the showing off aspect of it, plus she is a fast fast little bugger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts