Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently just moved from a house to an apartment. In the old house we left the back door open for the dogs to roam in and out if they needed to go to the bathroom. now its just me and shelly in our new apartment and we can't leave the back door open (there is a little patio with plenty of space for her to go) because there are rats in the complex. i have been trying so hard to watch her and make her go outside, she used to be pretty good at going on command. when we first moved she was a lot worse. now i have seemed to gotten her peeing under control however she is still pooping inside! i am getting so frustrated because i cant even tell when she does it. for example yesterday, i fed her and while she was eating i went to use the bathroom. when i came out i didn't see her downstairs so i called her name and went upstairs, i came back down and she had pooped! this morning i decided i would use the bathroom before she ate. i fed her, opened the door, and sat on the couch to read a little. she went outside and didn't poop then came back in. i thought she hadn't gone so i put her in her crate for 15 minutes and then took her back out for 5. she still wouldnt go so as i let her back inside to put her back in her crate, i noticed some poop. when she had time to do that, i have no idea! but i am so frustrated! :foxes15: i know there are a million posts about housetraining but how do i reteach her?? ugh i am soooo annoyyed!! how can i teach her to hold it and let me know she has to go before she just pops a squat whenever she feels like it?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Dont take your eyes off of her. Do not give her so much of the house to roam. If you have to, tether her to you so you will be able to see her at all times. Basically start all over again ;-) Praise, Praise, praise when she potties outside and do not scold her as this could cause her to be even more confused and make matters worse. Good luck :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi good luck sounds like shes confussed from the move keep watching over her like you did when she first learned shell get it again its just a new world to her right now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts