Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else with longcoats have them walking around during the winter with really bad static fluff? Bryco looks like he's stuck his paw in an electrical socket all the time cuz his fur is just standing out on end due to static. Its a bit ridiculous and I don't know how to make it stop. Brushing it makes it worse, and he is not a fan of being rubbed down with dryer sheets just to look pretty for mommy, LOL.:):confused:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
LOL

Not sure if Leo counts as he really isnt much of an lc yet, but no we havent had that issue. Did you end up getting a humidifier? It seriously sounds like you have the worlds driest air!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes we have one in each of the main rooms downstairs...its brutally dry. I drink 2x as much h20 in a day as I should and if I don't use lotion, my skin gets red, dry and cracked even :-/

I need to try to capture static boy on film tomorrow, its hilarious but ANNOYING!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hate it when I go to touch them and shock their wee little nose or something :( That's GOTTA not feel great when you're under 10 lbs lol.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
LOL @ Chibi! I'd love to see a pic of Bryco too. I'm sure it's way annoying. Luckily Mari has never had staticy fur--that would drive me batty!!

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Do you use any kind of finishing spray on him when you brush him? We use Crown Royale Magic Touch Spray on the show poodles for static and it works great. You dilute it down and put into a spray bottle. It keeps the statics away for a few days anyways, also makes for less coat breakage as you aren't supposed to comb/brush a dry coat (at least in poodles.)

As a bonus it smells REALLY good too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts