Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Bailey is 20 weeks now, would it be ok to try him with some steak? He adores chicken which he has a little of just now and then as a little treat. If he can have steak how would you recommend I cook it and which steak is the best. Again it would only be as a treat now and then.

Thanks in advance.

Joy xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Don't cook it. Just give him little pieces of it raw. He will love it. Cooking destroys nutrients and dogs aren't made to eat cooked food. Brody has raw steak all the time. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that advice, I thought I read somewhere that raw meat was a no no...perhaps I am mistaken. Thanks again.

Joy xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
No, it's species appropriate and (in my opinion) is the very BEST food you can give your dogs. If you do a search on raw feeding, you'll find lots and lots of posts.

I'll go ahead and post an all-in-one guide to raw feeding for you and anyone else who is interested in chi chat. :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
if he doesnt eat raw like my dexter we cooke him steak the times we dont have chicken breasts cooked for him. all we do is buy any ol red steak out there and then light up the stove, put some vegetable oil, and wahla! nothing crazy hard about cooking it lol :) u can leave it medium rare if u like but i like it well done then i cut it into itty bitty peices ofr him. last time we bbqed steaks outside and he loved it :albino:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, that sounds tasty, I think Bailey will love it cooked, I am not sure he would like raw. I'm gonna give it a go.

Joy xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts