Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a massive spider web in the back yard - what's amazing is one entire side is just suspended by on thread reaching to the phone line.

The third picture is just the right angle / exposure to show only the bugs caught in it.

Of course I couldn't be in the back yard without taking pics of my sweet girls

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Great pics Alan!! That spider web is amazing!!!! I couldn't stop looking at it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wonderful pics, Alan.. I just adore the up close and personal pics of Stella, she is awesome!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Spider webs constantly amaze me, it's so amazing how they build them, and how they catch bugs in them Stella is such a pretty girl, great pictures.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Fab pics of the web, so cool!
Stella has such a beautiful face and eyes, i would love to plant a kiss on her. lol
Lola is a beauty too. x

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stella has an irresistible face, and she is even sweeter than she looks ( until you push her too far - LOL)

The spider web really amazes me. The only way I can figure he made it was to crawl down the phone line, drop a line, wait of the breeze to carry him over to the tree, and connect it.

Sounds simple enough, but there only place to get on the phone line would be from the roof of the house, or the other end of the yard where the phone line passes through the trees.

Either way...He had to figure out that he get up to the phone line, walk across the yard, and create a bridge to the tree.

It's dumbfounding ! The entire left side of the web is anchored to one thread hanging from 13 feet above the ground. I should get a pic showing that.

It's truly amazing.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
That's one fantastic web! Awesome pic, Alan. I loved seeing Stella and Lola's sweet faces too. :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Im not a great fan of spiders but I do admire and am completely fascinated with webs. These pics are stunning! I love the third pic with the flies!

Stella looks amazing, by the way! Had she lost weight?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im not a great fan of spiders but I do admire and am completely fascinated with webs. These pics are stunning! I love the third pic with the flies!

Stella looks amazing, by the way! Had she lost weight?
Yes, she's lost 11 pounds since I got her. She was grossly overweight.

She was around 5 years old when she came into my life, and hadn't been fixed.
She'd had at least one litter, possibly more. I don't know if she'll ever fully lose her little pouch, but that's ok and understandable.

She's really cut and muscular, she can't go a day without her exercise now. :)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
OMG that web is amazing. So in the first 2 pics those white specks are actually bugs? Your photos are wonderful. Can you imagine just how long it took the spider to weave that web? Astounding.
Oh and by the way Ms. Stella is beautiful as always. Your grass looks so soft.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes, she's lost 11 pounds since I got her. She was grossly overweight.

She was around 5 years old when she came into my life, and hadn't been fixed.
She'd had at least one litter, possibly more. I don't know if she'll ever fully lose her little pouch, but that's ok and understandable.

She's really cut and muscular, she can't go a day without her exercise now. :)
I remember seeing her pics when I joined last year. You can definitely see the difference.

She is absolutely beautiful. She looks so happy and healthy! :)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OMG that web is amazing. Can you imagine just how long it took the spider to weave that web? Astounding.
It really boggles the mind. This little spider has a brain the size of the point of a needle or smaller, yet in that brain is every piece of information he needs to spin such an elegant and effective device !

Yes he's cleaning house - it's the perfect spot for it as the bugs hover around that tree ( obviously )

I'm still struggling to understand how he determined it needed to go there, and how the heck he got there to begin it. It is just awe inspiring.

I'm not a fan of spiders per say, but I'm becoming one, and I'm sure as heck not going to destroy his work.

Stella was 58 pounds when I got her. She's at 47, she lost most of that over the course of last summer. She's slowly dropping a bit here and there, but I don't feel like pushing it. The main thing is she can run like mad, and jump up off the ground - neither of which she'd probably done in years.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Awesome photos of the web......but I do say I'm NOT a spider fan! You take incredible photographs! Love all of them! Your girls are so photogenic too! They're so cute!:D

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I am probably the lone spider fan here. :D I have even named them. lol. If I get a big one inside they can freak me out if they're in my bedroom, just the thought of them falling on me or something :)lol:) but then I just catch them in my spider catching jar (ha) and put them outside. :)

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL. I want to see this 'spider catching jar'.
If it's labelled "Spider Catching Jar"....i might start worrying ;)

I catch bugs and take them outside too.
The really ugly ones are a challenge !

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
It's really just an old mason jar, but I call it my spider catching jar. ;) Hey, you catch bugs too! My friends tease me endlessly about it, what can I say, I'm a softie, I can't kill anything. I even took a pic once ages ago for my friend so she could laugh at me, it's still in my photobucket. Meet Mr. House Centipede. This scary looking fellow tried to terrorize me one night. I didn't hold it against him though. I did walk him a bit away from the house, I didn't want to him to revisit any time soon. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts