Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums. I've read a bunch, just never joined and posted :)
My puppy Nike, is almost 6 months old. She's been pooping a lot lately and having sometimes really watery yellow poop (first thing in the morning usually), soft yellow poop (second time), and then dark soft poop or normal poop miday...She's also going 5-6 times a day and we have her on Merrick grain free buffalo dry kibble and Wellness seafood kibble that we go back and forth on... A few things going on lately...
We've been leaving her at home uncaged every now and then when we go on short outings. I've been coming home to a puddle of poop sometimes.
She's also teething, and i heard stress? and consuming blood might cause black sticky poop, though I've never had that happen to any other puppy I had.
I'm considering taking her to the vet, but everytime i set a time for it, her poop seems all normal...
vets are expensive so I try not to take trips to it too often..do u think I should just hope the problem will fix itself out?

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the poop talk ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I agree with Michelle, take a vet appointment.
Better safe than sorry, right? :)

Has she been dewormed?
And how often do you switch her food?(that could cause tummy upset)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's been dewormed twice. I switch her food back and forth every day, buffalo for breakfast, fish for dinner.
I suppose better safe than sorry. Darn my baby is burning a hole in my wallet :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am guilty of feeding her chicken/beef/pork before i spice them... all cooked (i would love to try raw but don't have a reliable source)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok just got back from the vet. He said everything looked normal. She had watery diarrhea first thing this morning so I gave him stool from the 2nd time she went, which was normal.
I come back from the vet and she has another diarrhea...
*sigh*

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Pick ONE food and feed it consistently. Don't switch between brands and flavors. NO treats or extras. NO cooked food, no raw food, no extras from your plate. Just her food and that's IT. Don't overfeed.

If you do this, the diarrhea will stop and then you can gradually switch it up if you'd like. But get her stabilized first. All that switching around and the different foods you are feeding are playing havoc with her system.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Tracy took the words out of my mouth, this is exactly why I asked if you switch her food
often. Try doing what Tracy suggested, I'm sure you'll see results quickly. If it doesn't
change things then there is an underlying issue. Best of luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is an old post but I figured out what was wrong! (I decided it was a good time to update)

SHE WUZ TEEFING!

Least, that's what I'm pretty sure about...

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
You can try giving PLAIN punpkin to your baby. It will help the diarrhea. A teaspoon is all you need. Do not give her the pie mix! I also would feed only 1 food for awhile and see. Sue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts