Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I still haven't given up the idea of adding a 3rd to our family. Unfortunately, the other girl who was almost 2 years old I was considering, I decided my home and lifestyle was most likely not the best for her. She has a more timid, shy personality and one of a couple reasons the breeder stopped showing her. Loud noise, strange people, etc seemed to stress her out. Since I like to take mine everywhere, I felt in the end I made the best decision for her. She needs a more quiet home and someone that may not take their dog everywhere. I'm sure she is going to make someone else very happy.

I'm actively looking a came across this little girl and have not decided yet for she is in S. Carolina so it's not that I can go check her out in person tomorrow. She will be 14 weeks on the 17th, just under 2lbs and I've talked to the breeder twice and so far I really like the breeder and her. She is AKC does have multiple champions in both bloodlines, not that that matters as I'm not looking to show, but is helpful for health, genetic and temperament reasons. I know she is heading towards the puppy uglies and still has some growing to do, but is it normal for her to be this short and long? Also her muzzle looks a little long. I think I'm just use to Carolina being a little more leggy and a very short muzzle and super tiny. I know it's not all about the looks, and there are more important things to consider than just looks but some of the looking close to breed standard matters to me. What do you's think?

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awww, she's adorable ! do you have pics of her mother and father ? South Carolina is where Lynda lives and where she got Jewel, Prince, and Lady. her breeder Lori usually always has puppies available too , so you may want to check to see what Lori has too before you make a decision..

also, the breeder that I got Ellie from has a couple adorable long coat puppies available. she's in Missouri though ...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I love her colouring, but I don't think she will be particularly typey as an adult. Her muzzle will get longer, she is pet quality. I think she will look much prettier when her coat comes in, but she won't have the head shape you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I agree with Stella all the way around. Her coloring is gorgeous. Her muzzle will def get longer as she gets older. I prefer a more typey look too, and I don't think she's "typey" but I still think she will grow up to be a beautiful little girl. I would say if you're not set on her, then keep looking. I'd also look into Elaina's suggestions. I also have a Facebook friend who's girl is expecting. I can pm you her info. Her chi's are stunning!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
I think she is beautiful :) and would be a lovely addition to your family!
When I was picking out my babies there was just something inside me that screamed 'YES!' ....or... 'that's not the one'
if I were you I would go and visit if its not too far and make your decision that way.
Although make sure you have a look around as there may be others available that is more suited to your choices.
If I was you I would 100% be enquiring with the breeder of Lynda's chis as prince, lady and Jewel are all stunning and that way you know your going to get a beauty!

I hope you go and visit her and she is the one for you because she looks amazing :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help and input. I may check out the couple leads you's all suggested. Sometimes I just need to hear from other people what I already suspected and just couldn't admit it to myself and looking at puppies just makes my head go out the window sometimes, as their all cute. I think I'm going to keep looking though.

Have you all had that " I have to have them feelings" when you got/picked out a new dog/puppy? I've only ever had that with two of mine and especially when I saw Carolina's picture I just had that I can't live without her feeling and she's all I could think about for a couple days . So, I'm afraid I'm also searching for that and may not find it.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
when I was looking for a puppy before I got Ellie , I had considered so many puppies before finalizing things with Ellies breeder. ( I had Zorana, Christie, and Lynda helping me. ) I came close to getting this other puppy. I even got sent a contract but things fell thru and I got back in touch with the Breeder I got Ellie from and when I got back in touch with her... it just seemed like things were meant to be and Ellie Mae was going to be my puppy and I was so happy :).

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I agree with the comments above that this is a pet quality puppy who is super-cute. I think you'll know your puppy when you see her. I spent so long looking for Chad, I visited breeders, rang breeders, looked on Websites and then finally saw Chad and was like " oh, there's my puppy." Take your time and you'll find her.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Agree with all the ladies above, she is beautiful but defos pet type. I prefer my chi;s more "typey" but thats just personal preference. She is gorgeous though LOVE her colouring but you are right about her muzzle I can see that growing quite long. You will defiantly know when you find "the one" when I was getting Neeva I spent countless hours searching for the right pup even viewing others but when I finally met her I knew she was my new baby. Never looked back since even if she is currently redecorating my entire house LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Thanks for your help and input. I may check out the couple leads you's all suggested. Sometimes I just need to hear from other people what I already suspected and just couldn't admit it to myself and looking at puppies just makes my head go out the window sometimes, as their all cute. I think I'm going to keep looking though.

Have you all had that " I have to have them feelings" when you got/picked out a new dog/puppy? I've only ever had that with two of mine and especially when I saw Carolina's picture I just had that I can't live without her feeling and she's all I could think about for a couple days . So, I'm afraid I'm also searching for that and may not find it.
just wondering how your getting on with the search, made any decisions? :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think she is just adorable and has an interesting color. But I always just buy for pet quality and base decisions on personality and not really how close they are to show quality. If it would bother you that she has a longer muzzle (Beverly does) then maybe keep looking. Bentley also has super short legs, at least compared to Beverly's but I think they are so cute!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Her colouring is definitely unique, which is cute. I, personally, prefer a longer snout - as you can tell from all three of my babies :D I too base my decision on personality, so if having a "show capable/quality" dog isn't important to you, then don't worry about her muzzle. If you prefer the look of a shorter snout to a longer one, then keep looking and you'll find the right match for you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts