Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont mean to be a pest at any means, but I am still wondering if anyone will please help me try to figure out my Princess Lola's colors/markings so I can register her with the AKC. I thank you all in advance!

Courtneylee - [email protected]

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
You're not being a pest. I have no idea but I'm sure someone will be able to tell from the picture you posted. :wave:

Oh and she is very pretty. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am leaning towards red, but her tail and her spine are black, and her head is splashed with black, so I am wondering if I should say red with black brindling markings.. but I have no clue..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fawn Sable is not an option.. This is differcult.. Do you think I should wait until she gets a little older? She is 11 wks tommorrow, maybe if i wait a month or two, she will change a bit, because honestly i can not figure out if she is more red or fawn, her legs seem to be fawn, but her head and body seem to be a deeper fawn, so more like a red/sable.. her tail is jet black, and her spine is black and she has splashes of black throughout her, her eyes are outlined in black.. and godness.. i did want a puppy with a more solid coat, but when i seen her, omgosh, i feel in love! one day i hope to figure out what to consider her! Thanks for the replies! :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not sure it matters a whole lost unless she is to be bred or shown. I had trouble with Frasier because he's a blue merle. I talked to the AKC and there is no blue merle category. So I just listed him as blue with fawn markings. To me, your pup looks red with black sabling and very very cute. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Frasier's Mommy said:
I'm not sure it matters a whole lost unless she is to be bred or shown. I had trouble with Frasier because he's a blue merle. I talked to the AKC and there is no blue merle category. So I just listed him as blue with fawn markings. To me, your pup looks red with black sabling and very very cute. :)
Wow, Frasier is adorable! I don't believe I have ever seen markings like that before.. :) I think i may just go with red and black sabling.. what would happen if it turned out wrong? would i be penalized in any way?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I know that the colors that are listed on the registration form are really general coloring. If you go to the AKC site and look under registration and then along the left side you see colors & marking-look there. Then you pick the breed and click the colors bar. I would call the color a red code #140 and then the marking would be black sable code #072.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Sandy has that kind of dark coloring on her back and I was told it is "Brindling".
She is listed as "Fawn with black brindling".

·
Registered
365 Posts
my baby roo roo hd a blue stripe from his head down tto the end of his tail and id never seen it on another dog until now!! Sadly, the marking has now entirly disappeared from his back and head and he is now 8 months. When i bought him he was classed as a blue fawn, and was entirely blue at birth, but now he is almost entirley fawn!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts