Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG seriously...tomorrow is gonna be 2 weeks that I've been dealing with this! I went to the Dr again on Wednesday and was put on antibiotics as he said there may be secondary infection. I feel like I am a walking pill cabinet, I've been trying EVERYTHING I can think of/heard. Last night I was coughing so much I was dry heaving. Just driving me crazy! Any other suggestions? I am rinsing sinuses 3-4x a day, colloidal silver orally & nasal spray, homeopathic nasal spray, antibiotics, cough suppressant/mucinex stuff, humidifier in bedroom going all night, oh and ACV orally twice a day, with honey. Trying to get lots of rest, but having insomnia BIG time. I just wanna feel better dang it! Right now my chest hurts so bad it feels like I've got cracked ribs. :foxes15: I was having better clear mucous I was coughing up/sinuses but now it's back to yellow/green. Dr said he wants Xrays if I'm still sick on Monday....which judging by the way I'm feeling it probably will be. But he said my lungs sound good. I was so on a kick to get my house back in shape/clean and sewing again but this sickness is really kicking my butt....was flu-ish (throwing up) on Monday/Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Sorry your feeling so lousy. Being sick is horrible. My son is sick now. He has one of those coughs that won't go away. His head, throat and chest hurt from all the coughing. None of the meds give much relief.
The only thing that really helps is when I give him a tablespoon of honey. It stops the coughing and coats the throat. It's a temporary fix, but any relief no matter how short is welcomed. :)
Throughout the day I have him sip on green tea with lemon and honey.
Maybe this might help. I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Certainly hope you feel better soon.. It took me about 3 weeks to get really over the "crud!" My MIL has it now and is heading into week #2 with hers. The coughing just seems to go on forever....

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I guess I'm not the only one with the cough....I went back to my dr today and she told me there is a virus around ...so hopefully my cough will go away soon.....right now I'm taking Delsym and suck Halls ...I hope you'll get better soon..

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
yeaurgh - me too, I don't think there is a house in Ireland that hasn't had this cold/flu cough thing going on the past few weeks :(

Hope you all get better - mine is nearly gone two weeks later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts