Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:

OK ... I STILL can't decide on a name for my new puppy. Joey isn't flowing freely off the tongue. I'm not saying it's off the table, but I just still want to consider other options.

First of all, I like people names. I've never been one to use normal "animal" names ... but that could always change.

I also like names that can be shortened to a cute nickname. So for the names below I'll put the nickname I'd use beside the name in parenthesis.

Joey (jojo)
Jonah (jojo)
Bogart (bogey or bobo) - my neighbor calls her dog bobo ... this might not work
Bailey (bay bay)
Doodle (doodle bug)
Frankenstein (frankie or stein stein) - besides the fact that he's the odd one of his litter, he has these cute little cowlicks on either side of his neck where the hair grows in a swirl and looks bald in the middle!!
Brody - this name means "brother", which is why I got him, to be a brother!
Chachi
Sammy

Geesh, I'm just coming up with more and making it harder, not narrowing it down.

Why is this so hard? :dontknow: I came up with Charley in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
well i had a yellow lab named Bailey, he was the sweetest dog you would ever meet in your life, he was beautiful, well be haved, great with other poeple dogs and cats, he loved everyone, so i would have to pick bailey and we called him,
Bail
or
B
so that would be my choice, plus he looks like a Bailey to me!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok ... here's another:

Willy - for 2 reasons, the first being Princes Charles & William. The second being Charley and the Chocolate Factory ... Willy Wonka!!

Decisions are the WORST!

I still like Jonah (jojo), Frankie (frankenstien & sinatra!), Bogart, & Brody.

I think I'm officially taking Joey off the list. Too many people say it as though they're saying "Joy" instead of "Joey."

I could always call him Monkey. *sigh*

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jamoka's Jem said:
i know this is not on your list but how about Harley?

Charley and Harley
I had thought of this ... but they sound so similar that I'm afraid they'll think they have the same name! But those names do sound really cute together! :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lol...yes, I am not a fan of doodle, either. It makes me think of those crazy people painted blue, pink, and yellow from that kids cartoon. Those Doodle Bugs are crazy! LOL

My favorite is Brody...it is the name of the Bernese Mountain Dog next door to me and I have always loved it!

·
Registered
465 Posts
How about Killer? Just joking. I guy I know called his Chi Tiger, which is kind of funny. The female is called Tinkie (pronounced Tunkie, a short "eh" sound) and the one they got just now is called Chillie.

I like Brody, though. Good luck. Name picking can be a pain in the a**!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts