Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering if anyone else has this problem ? Sansas ears have a stench to them and have dirty looking stuff inside. I have petarmor eat cleanser I just used on her. The stuff is a brown color on the cotton balls. Anyone know what it could be? When I take her to the vet I'm going to have it checked along with her hair loss and sneezing. She rubs at her face and I seen where she dig a small hole under her eye. Her fur is just quite patchy on her head and face. Sorry for the long text just needing advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Sorry your little one is having health issues. The ear odor could be a yeast infection, ear mites, or other infection. The vet will diagnose by checking the "stuff" in her ears, and then prescribe the appropriate medication. The hair loss and/or scratching can be allergies, dermatitis, or fleas etc. Again, the vet can narrow down the cause and provide medication/preventative.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry your little one is having health issues. The ear odor could be a yeast infection, ear mites, or other infection. The vet will diagnose by checking the "stuff" in her ears, and then prescribe the appropriate medication. The hair loss and/or scratching can be allergies, dermatitis, or fleas etc. Again, the vet can narrow down the cause and provide medication/preventative.

What's dermatitis?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't know for sure but probably some kind of infection of some sort possibly allergies
But Jr had this last year (around this time actually)
His ears were very itchy, dirty and smelly.
I believe he had yeast infection (don't remember for sure)
But he does suffer from allergies
I thought he had a eye infection also but it was just because he kept pawing at/around his face
He was put on a wash, drops and just normal Benadryl.
His ears were cured and eyes cleared up but he still has normal allergies that'll be a forever thing, I'm sure

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
any odor from the ears should be checked by a vet asap. The 'dark' stuff is NOT normal. The pup/dog is miserable. The hair loss and the hole under the eye MAY be mange. When a puppy leaves its Mom and litter mates, it is a very stressful time, and the mites that are normally on the dogs skin become way over what they should be, and the result is mange. Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. (derm=skin, itis=inflammation)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any odor from the ears should be checked by a vet asap. The 'dark' stuff is NOT normal. The pup/dog is miserable. The hair loss and the hole under the eye MAY be mange. When a puppy leaves its Mom and litter mates, it is a very stressful time, and the mites that are normally on the dogs skin become way over what they should be, and the result is mange. Dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. (derm=skin, itis=inflammation)

Thank you all for your replies. I have this stuff for ear infections I got for Gizmo I used it on Sansa and the next day it was all clear :) she isn't itching and her ears smell good. They r clean as a whistle too. She is much more active :) also her hair is starting to grow in. I really don't think its mange I've had dogs before with that and it was completely different. Her hair loss was due to scratching so much :( she is doing much better though :) I also gave her a bath in prescription shampoo so I think it helped :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts