Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up to the terrible smell of dog poo and walked into the kitchen. In her big kennel (it's the size for a large dog, since we have a huge mutt that's outdoors now, we put her tiny crate in the big crate and have puppy pads in the big crate to help potty train) the puppy pads were COVERED in feces. It smelled like the poo monster had came upon our dear Ember.

We had accidently, when switching from Wellness to Instinct by Nature's Variety, gave her too much of the new food and a bit too much food (total accident, I swear I didn't mean to) in general. So now, little Ember has to get ANOTHER Thanksgiving bath (she got one just yesterday, sheesh) and she isn't liking it!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Umm, yeah, I prefer the smell of coffee in the morning myself!

Seriously, I hate it when I find a puppy has messed itself. I feel sorry for them - poor Ember! It's happened with Taz, too. Let's don't even talk about the day a store clerk gave her some red Christmas cookies. They were for dogs but still red feces are scary!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm, yeah, I prefer the smell of coffee in the morning myself!

Seriously, I hate it when I find a puppy has messed itself. I feel sorry for them - poor Ember! It's happened with Taz, too. Let's don't even talk about the day a store clerk gave her some red Christmas cookies. They were for dogs but still red feces are scary!
Well, I would say redfeces are scary... I'd be scared to death!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Yes, I was scared. She eats everything she can find to put in her mouth so my first thought was that something had punctured her stomach but then I remembered the cookies and she was acting just fine. Next poop was back to normal but I was really worried.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like Ember. She tries to eat lids to bottles, plastic, cloth bags, etc...

Now my beagle eats anything. He'd inhale a box of cardboard. He's eaten extremely bad foods (chocolate, wild mushrooms, garlic, etc) and he's ate everything from a bobblehead toy to a stuffed animal to plastic, wood and paper! He's a disaster waiting to happen lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts