Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( He got stung by a wasp...we were sitting for lunch at my mom's when in comes Stinky following a "bug" well, he finally pins it down and out comes a really loud cry.. :? at first we thought Stinky was just scared of it but I went to check why would the "bug" scare him so much... :( well, the wasp got him in the paw...my poor Stinky was in hysterics, crying :( :shock: and then his paw turned HUGE!!! I was super scared I didn't know if he was gona have a fever or some other horrible side effects...I kept watch on him all day cause I didn't know if he was alergic or anything... :wink: He was almost 100% himself the next day but what a scare!!!!! :shock:

P.S. :wink: Now I think we can laugh at the pics, just don't tell Stinky. :D

:shock: It turned double in size!

He kept licking and crying... :roll: and somehow his mom still took pics.. :roll:

Some more...he was feeling better after half hour but the paw was still big...

:wink: The next day he felt better but was still asking whether he could go play cause he couldn't use his paw 100%.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Poor little fellow...hope he is feeling better today...we had a dog stung here at the resort and the vet suggested giving Benadryl by mouth and cortisone cr to the skin...as long as the stinger was out . It really seemed to help the little dashund that was stung.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Poor little tyke. He's so handsome and to have an injured paw like that ... poor guy! I wish I had taken pics of when Cooper decided to sniff a fire ant mound. That was hilarious.. umm... I mean so sad. :cry:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ah poor baby He looks so sad and his paw looks huge. I hope it is better soon. I got stung by a wasp 2 days ago at the pool and I was so glad it was me not Auggie. I worry about that a lot :(

·
Registered
746 Posts
Ouch! My shepherd ate a wasp once (or snapped at it) and her whole muzzle swelled up. Pretty scary. Tell Stinky no more wasps!

By the way, I think I've told you before, but I really love Stinky. There is just something about him. Looking at his pics makes me want a long haired back and white!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
I love the Stinkmeister. He's so cute, I could just smooch on him all day. In that last pic he's like, "Mommy, I hurted myself." :lol:
:D Trust me and you would almost squeeze him flat, he's soft and warm and smells good and I could go on and on...lol :love5:
Pismo said:
By the way, I think I've told you before, but I really love Stinky. There is just something about him. Looking at his pics makes me want a long haired back and white!
:wink: You're under the Stinky Effect...it happens..lol..He gets away with everything..I think is his eyes...he gives this "but it wasn't me, mommy" look that just makes you say..."aah Stinky, is ok...a cat probably came thru the window, climbed the table and ate my chicken...it wasn't you *kissy**kissy* ....LOL! :lol:

:wink: Thanks everyone, I should've said that this happend last Tuesday and that he's all better now...but boy, he got me scared. :shock:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LuvMyChi said:
He was pitiful in those pics licking his paw. :(
He was. :cry: He was wimpering and all, broke my heart. :wink: Thankfully the next day he was better and by nightfall he was walking around like he owned the place. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Poor Stinky :( Glad to hear that he's all better now.
The other summer Sophie decided to play with a bee ! Her muzzle was pretty swollen. Luckily, we got her to the vet. She got the stinger out and gave her a shot for the reaction. It was probably the only time she didn't seem to mind being at the vet's and even passed up her treat at the end of the visit.
Don't know why these little ones love bugs so much :roll:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
omg i feel so sorry for poor little stinky :cry: , you can see how sad he is in the last pic .......,it's strange how it swells like that,it's really noticeable on pics :shock:

kisses nat

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
poor stinky. although I know he was feeling a bit sore, I had to smile at those pictures...him holding his paw up in the last one is just too cute!! Poor baby though. :(

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Poor Stinky, I hope that never happens to my girls. We get lots of wasps and bees around in Spring and Summer. Stinky looks sooo sorry for himself in that last pic. :( He's such a beautiful boy. :p

·
Registered
642 Posts
Poor Stinky :( I'm glad he is ok. My husky got stung by a bee before right in the mouth. It looked like she had a fat lip.

I hope he is feeling better! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts