Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my breeder today and he said Stitch is on antibiotics cos he's not weaning properly. I know the solid food might be disagreeing with him and he's on them to be safe but I cant help worrying I've already lost 3 puppies this year I cant lose him too. He's so tiny and I'm worried about him not eating properly, I was meant to pick him up in a week and I dunno if thats possible now. The breeder said it's up to me if I take him if he's ill next week as I can always give him a semi solid diet and use lactol for him. I'm just getting worried about his size and I know I'm probably worrying for nothing but I've already had a bad week and this too has really upset me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,271 Posts
awww sweetie Im sorry hes not well but Im sure he will pull through - maybe because hes so small he just needs to stay with momma for another week or so - I will keep him in my thoughts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,825 Posts
This is certainly bad news. So sorry he is sick, hopefully he'll pull through just fine though. We'll keep him in our prayers.

I would advise against bringing him home though until he is well.
Mainly because the added stress of a new enviroment might hinder his recovery or cause a set back. Even a healthy pup will suffer stress when he goes to his new home, and if he's in an already comprimised state it might be too much for him.
Once he's well you are going to have him for years and years. So why not wait an extra week or two? It's not that long by comparison.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna bring my friend down to see him she's qualified in vet nursing and I want her to take a look at him for me, she said she's wean him if thats whats needed cos I dunno how much he's feeding from his mum still and as it's Zara's first litter she wasnt too tollerent of them. What it seems to be is solid food isnt agreeing with him. I guess the only thing I'm really worried about is the little guy could end up super tiny like Nemo was and I know I have experience of extra small chi's and I have some veterinary knowledge but I didnt set out to get another tiny one. At least I know from past mistakes what to do with Stitchy and he's my dog there's no way I'm not having him no matter how long I have to wait or if he needs extra care. The breeder said it was my choice if I wanted to take him still bearing in mind he'll be smaller than expected possibly and not 100%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,852 Posts
awww Sarah , i'm sure he just needs a little more time ... I know it's tough on you to wait , but i'm sure it'll be for the best , bless his little heart {{hugs}}
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,393 Posts
I would leave him with the breeder for a short while while he recovers too. Hope hes well soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,892 Posts
Poor wee Stitch, but I agree that he would be better off with his mother until he's better as a change of environment would be more unsettling if he's sick. Hope he gets better really quickly. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
i am so sorry, but i think stitch will pull through, nemo is watching over stitch, and i don't think he will let anything bad happen to him. god bless.. and a million hugs,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,716 Posts
how old is he now and what's his weight? i'd leave him at the breeders longer. i hope he gets better and can come home with you soon... poor lil guy.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top