Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stitch's tummy still isnt 100% he's still got diarrhea, but in himself he's completly fine he's not dehydrated has no temperature his eyes are clear his nose is wet and he's bombing around my room. I might get some natural yoghurt for his tummy as it might help :( he's been on rice with either chicken or fish 3 times a day for a week now with 2 milk feedings which he does drink and his pro-kolin which is meant to settle his tummy. On a brighter note he's gained 2oz so at 11 weeks he weighs 1lb 10 oz :) I'm just happy he hasnt lost anything and I'm calling the vet tomorrow.

any advice?
Sarah

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
He probably is still having a problem with the coccidia.
It took Sandy 3 rounds of antibiotics to completly stop the diarrhea.
She had 2 rounds of liquid Albon, then 1 round of the pill form.
Hang in there!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ms_P said:
He probably is still having a problem with the coccidia.
It took Sandy 3 rounds of antibiotics to completly stop the diarrhea.
She had 2 rounds of liquid Albon, then 1 round of the pill form.
Hang in there!
the vet told me she didnt think it was coccidia after checking him over and thought it was possibly just a bacterial imbalance rather than an infection so he has to go back on monday for possible antibiotics if it hasnt cleared up. But his diarrhea had become more solid it was watery and is now a paste sooo maybe it's working. I cant help worrying tho especially with the heat :(

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no they said bring him back next week for tests after I asked :( am I sensing they just want my money here

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might have to take him to my friends vet in Kent he has over 20 years experience of chihuahua's, if I cant find one around here. I just wish it wasnt so hot and then it would be easier :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
nemochi said:
Stitch's tummy still isnt 100% he's still got diarrhea, but in himself he's completly fine he's not dehydrated has no temperature his eyes are clear his nose is wet and he's bombing around my room. I might get some natural yoghurt for his tummy as it might help :( he's been on rice with either chicken or fish 3 times a day for a week now with 2 milk feedings which he does drink and his pro-kolin which is meant to settle his tummy. On a brighter note he's gained 2oz so at 11 weeks he weighs 1lb 10 oz :) I'm just happy he hasnt lost anything and I'm calling the vet tomorrow.

any advice?
Sarah
:cry: hope he gets better

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
like i said before, the only sure way to tell if the dog is parasite free is to have a fecal screening.

diarrhea in a puppy that age is almost always giardia or coccidea. even if the breeder wormed them they still might have it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts