Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spend almost everyweekend at my partners house. Its good for my dog because there are other dogs there, a big backyard to play in and it makes my life easier to be there.

this is all good and dandy, except for one thing.

My partners mum continues to feed my dog! She sneaks food to her when I am not looking, or hides it where fiddle can find it and i never do!

I have asked her time and time again to not feed her. I have even educated her on the risks of hyperglycemia in Chi's.

Yet i still find soft stools when ever I am there.

has anyone faced a similar issue? or have a resolution?

I am at my wits end with this lady!

·
Registered
323 Posts
instead of telling her not to feed her have her boil chicken and rice and if she wants to feed her give her that...let her know the healthy food to give the chihuahua. to much salt is deadly to them. i would educated her on the good food to feed the dog to the ones that can harm them. i hope something can help...google food for chihuahua dos and dont feed them...good luck

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Tell her that when your baby gets sick you will be sending her the Vet bill. :D :lol:

Honestly, I'd have your partner talk to her Mom. Maybe she can reason with her? I would have been nice the first few times, but by now I probably wouldn't be welcomed back. :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
instead of telling her not to feed her have her boil chicken and rice and if she wants to feed her give her that...let her know the healthy food to give the chihuahua. to much salt is deadly to them. i would educated her on the good food to feed the dog to the ones that can harm them. i hope something can help...google food for chihuahua dos and dont feed them...good luck
Thats a good tactic! Knowing her should would boil the whole chicken and feed it to her too! I will boil an amount and only take that amount over.

Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell her that when your baby gets sick you will be sending her the Vet bill. :D :lol:

Honestly, I'd have your partner talk to her Mom. Maybe she can reason with her? I would have been nice the first few times, but by now I probably wouldn't be welcomed back. :D
Admittingly I am too much of a coward to be catty to her. haha

Plus the one time i was there when my partner said something she denied it! and there was mass amounts of evidence against her!

I think that my partner is a big softy to! He tells me he speaks to her, but i never see him do it. He says she will get defensive if he approaches her infron of everyone.

I would stuggle tho, to find a nice way to tell her that Fiddle is MY dog. and she needs to look after her own pets, and kids and leave my dog to me.

Silver Lining to this situation - I'm now prepared for her attempts to fatten/poison/steal any kids i have with her son!

She is a head case!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts