Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at 1-00 when i was bringing in the groceries that were being delivered by Iceland i could hear an alarm of sorts going off.I didnt take much notice. Anyway we live in a cul de sac of bungalows and i noticed the bungalow opposite had its small window open and there was smoke pouring out, the son of the woman who lives in there also lives in the cul de sac, so i left the shopping and ran over and banged and knocked on his door, he came out wondering what i was doing as none of us talks, i said the smoke alarm was going off and smoke was coming out of his mums window, hes trying to find the keys to her bungalow and then didnt know wether to open the door as this could have made 'it' worse, luckily i could see through the closed kitchen window and there was a saucepan on the gas ring burning dry.It turned out the mother had gone out at 9-00 that morning and the son had visited and had been cooking the dogs food and left the saucepan on and gone out, very lucky i saw it intime, the other son turned the gas off opened all the windows ( she had only had the lounge finished decorated the day before) and said thankyou.I was shaking incase anyone had been in there :?luckily no one was and the dog was elsehwere at the time too!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in my bungalow opposite and Iceland in UK is a freezer food/grocery shop, when they delivered my groceries etc i was standing at my door waiting for them to bring the next lot of bags thats when i saw the smoke and heard the noise of smoke alarms.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
:queen: wow thats great! good job you noticed! glad no one was hurt!
Iceland is a food shop (i went there today!) I also live in a cul-de-sack (sp?) with bungalows but we made an upstairs which i think you call them dorma bungalows. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts