Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we are expecting bad storms most of the night and this will be first time for Misty. She sleeps in another room in playpen. Not knowing how she will react thought I would like to be prepared. If she is upset, should I go to her, hold her? I have read that one shouldn't as it is telling them that it is OK to be upset but if she is really scared how can I not??? She is very bold normally interacting with us but She shivers and cowers if she even hears the front door open and close. Barks at noises she can't see where they are coming from. I have the pherhermone (sp) stuff, I will spray in her bed. Advice very appreciated. (no thundershirt yet but will get one after I see how she is tonight)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Wait and see how she does. If she reacts badly (shivering, panting, tail down etc) then I would keep her near me. Some dogs don't react to storms if they have their crate to go into. Good to have the pheramone handy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well lucked out last night, just one rumble. But still have to wait, see how she reacts "sigh".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts