Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for as long as I can remember my Chi has had a strange eating habit. First, a bit of background. She will be 4 in August and is free fed from her bowl in her crate.

Her strange habit is that she will take one piece of kibble from the bowl, walk away from the bowl, eat the kibble, then go back to the bowl. If her crate door is open, she walks/trots about 3 feet away to eat her one kibble. If she is closed in her crate she still walks away from the bowl.

We always tease that she works out while eating to maintain her girlish figure. But we are really wondering why she feels the need to always walk away from the bowl. Any ideas?

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Mine started doing that too, but then they were also leaving the food at times so i put a teeny bit of water in and drained it and now they eat it all again.
Mine arent free fed though.
You may not be able to moisten it if it's out all day.

I dont know why they do this really, unless the kibble is big or too hard?
Either that or they just like wandering with it, lol x

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I think this can be pretty common for Chi's. I hear Chi owners talk about it all the time. My Chibi does this ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, okay! Thanks for the replies. Nice to know she isn't the only one. :) She is my first Chi and my first little dog so I don't have any prior experience to go on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts