Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, Smoke and Pepper went in Monday and got neutered. I picked them up yesterday and everything was fine. Last night, all of a sudden, both of them started humping everything in sight. They never used to do this. Twiggy is in heat and is in her crate on top of the tv stand. Pepper ignored her pretty much before getting neutered, but last night starting at about 10 pm and lasting all night, he whined and cried and tried to get at her. Is there a surge of testosterone that happens when they are neutered? I don't remembering this happening when I got the others neutered, but Twiggy wasn't in heat at the same time either.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Hmm I have never heard of anything like that. How odd. :confused:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Takes a while for the hormones to ballance , could be just that shes near her 12th to 14th day and is full in heat, other than that no idea !!

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Takes a while for the hormones to ballance , could be just that shes near her 12th to 14th day and is full in heat, other than that no idea !!
Ah, that's a good idea, that is where she is exactly. Ok, now it makes a little more sense. lol I was scratching my head over this one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Marley is a female and before she got spayed she always humped her toys - I wasnt sure if it was because she wasnt spayed or because of dominance anyways she got spayed just over a week ago & also has started to hump her toy even more crazily than before and carries around the toy she humps crying like its her baby..im not sure why she does this the vet said he thinks she was going into heat before he spayed her soo many its left over hormones or everything is balancing out...who knowss

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Dillon was trying to hump the girls after his neuter too.
It's been weeks now and he still does it now and then. lol
Oh and both girls are spayed. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts