Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my daughters chihuahua is in pain. She is usually the most active and playful out of the three chihuahua's we have. For the past week she's been in a lot of pain. She tries to play but instead she'll hold her head low and cry in pain. If she sits still for a while, she'll feel better, but immediately after she moves she's back to being in pain. She almost immediately starts to feel better when I hold her and rub her for a while, but little to no movement. I was doing some research online and others are saying that their dog had muscle strains, or pinched nerves. Their descriptions are very similar to what is displayed with my daughters dog. Also, the other issue is money is very tight for our family so having to pay for vet visits can become an issue for us. What can we do?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
It could be so much..very hard to say without being there and seing her. It could be everything from a pulled muscle to a infected uterus :( and that needs surgery :( how old is she? I hate to say this, because many can take it wrong...but you really shoulden't have a dog unless you can pay for medical care...I'm sorry to say it, but that is reality...having a dog is expensive. I hope the little baby will be better soon, many kisses from me and my Baby xoxo

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sounds like you need to take her vets if its gone in that long!!!
Its definitely something internal that needs to be checked out or you may get a bigger problem on your hands

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
If she's in pain you must see a vet,you can't let an animal suffer.Maybe they have a scheme in place and you could pay weekly ,if you're UK what about PDSA

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I am sorry Strawberry is in pain, a week is such a long time she should be checked by a vet, if it would be your daughter you would go to the doctor, right?
I hope everything goes well, please keep us posted.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Only you know if she's really hurt and needs a vet. I know that if Midgie runs around the yard more than usual, she get sore from vigorous exercise and it eases off in a day or two. Have you felt all over her to see if there any lumps from a pulled/torn muscle? How old is she?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.